Okta (501+ Employees, 124% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
We are looking for an experienced Manager or Team Leader looking to grow into a Manager position, who will work closely with Application Security Engineers within Security Reviews and also interact with other security departments, such as Privacy and Security Compliance.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with Engineering teams on to understand their current needs and identify new potential improvements
- Manage programs and projects, in collaboration with engineering and product teams that focus on improvements to process, metrics, and framework around application security
- Monitor key performance indicator (KPI) metrics; track and report on program performance; provide reporting to senior management on a regular cadence
- Communicate vulnerability mitigation strategies to development teams
- Mentor and develop engineers as they advance in their own careers.
- Give security presentations and represent Okta in private or public venues
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrated success as an security engineering lead/manager fostering highly functional, healthy, inclusive and collaborative teams.
- Experience managing a geographically distributed security engineering team
- Ability to identify common (OWASP Top 10/CWE Top 25) web application vulnerabilities through secure code review (Java, .Net, Go, C, C++, C#, Swift, Kotlin, Python)
- Ability to conduct a manual Web Application Penetration Test using industry standard tools (ex: Burp Suite)
- Knowledge of modern web application components, architecture, and design principles
- Ability to explain vulnerability risks and remediation options to developers
- Beginner level coding ability in at least one scripting language (ex: Python, Bash)
Desired skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge in current authentication and authorization protocols (OIDC, SAML)
- Experience in mobile device (Android and/or iOS) application penetration testing
- Knowledge in current cryptographic algorithms and techniques
- Experience writing proof of concept scripts to demonstrate vulnerability exploitation
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent experience is a plus