VMware Carbon Black (501+ Employees, 7% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Why will you enjoy this new opportunity?
You and your organization will help position VMware solutions, develop architectures, and drive successful outcomes for our Enterprise and Commercial customers.
You will work closely with your team of Solution Engineers to define technical excellence for our customers and help them drive Digital Transformation. You will be chartered with leading and evolving our strong technical team to create a superior technical organization that is positioned to deliver on growth targets across VMware’s expanding portfolio.
You will use your proven written and oral communication skills to influence and build consensus across a matrixed organization, and to inspire and motivate extended teams across VMware.
Success in the Role: What are the performance outcomes over the first 6-12 months you will work toward completing?
- Support our customers in their new multi-cloud reality by ensuring they have suitable and well-developed solutions.
- Through your leadership, you will help us grow VMware business in customers and partners across Colombia, Ecuador, Central America, and the Caribbean.
- We look forward to seeing more demonstrations, public presentations, greater brand awareness and improved customer uptake of our technology.
- Your team will deliver more proofs of concept, more responses to tenders, we will be included in more market scans, more analyst briefings and will be seen more often in the industry and our chosen markets because of your activities and those of your team.
- Overall expected results are growth of VMware business in sync with customer satisfaction served by a healthy pre-sales team.
The Work: What type of work will you be doing? What assignments, requirements, or skills will you be performing on a regular basis?
- Most of your time will be spent leading your team, working with our customers and partners to understand their needs, presenting solutions, and thought leadership to large or senior (or both) audiences
- Helping your team to build on their skills through workshops, training, mentoring, and coaching, social media, and evangelism. Success will be dependent on your ability to clearly demonstrate how VMware solutions provide direct value to business, industry, and technical requirements.
- You will represent VMware as a senior technical leader for our Northern Latin America Region in many different occasions and settings.
What is the leadership like for this role? What is the structure and culture of the team like?
- VMware’s EPIC2 values are key to success in this role.
- We are a highly collaborative team. A very experienced core sales team, a global community of VMware experts and an in-region team of passionate and committed team members make this a fabulous place to work.
- Your direct manager is our Senior Director of Solution Engineering for Latin America. You will also gain the trust and support of local and regional peers as build a deep relationships in this matrix.
- Your team are experienced, passionate, and technically adept, with long-standing careers in the IT infrastructure and application modernization industries. They come from vendors, customers, start-ups, and corporates and believe strongly in the opportunities in the market and VMWare’s ability to claim them.
- You will be harnessing a company that is embracing the multi-cloud world and sees security as a key enabler to our customers achieving their goals in this emerging environment.
Where is this role located? Bogotá, Colombia.
Flexible: The role is considered flexible and will be a mix of working from the Bogotá VMware office and remote depending on your preferences and the arrangements determined with your future manager. You will be expected to live within a reasonable non-daily commute of the Bogotá office.
What are the benefits and perks of working at VMware?
You and your loved ones will be supported with a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Below are some highlights, or you can view the complete benefits package by visiting https://benefits.vmware.com/co/
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.