Xylem (501+ Employees, 15% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
We’re a global team unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. Developing new technologies that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. In more than 150 countries, we have strong, long-standing relationships with customers who know us for our powerful combination of leading product brands and applications expertise with a strong focus on developing comprehensive, sustainable solutions. For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com
If you are excited and passionate about helping us solve water, we want to hear from you!
The Role: Xylem is looking for a UI / UX Manager to lead our distributed and growing group of designers and continue to evolve our company wide design standards.
You will work alongside engineers, product managers, and other designers to create simple and powerful products. You should have a keen eye for detail and color, an ability to ask the right questions and know when to ask them, stellar communication skills, and a passion for creating products that balance simplicity and intuitiveness with complex data across a variety of devices.
You should also be able to effectively lead and mentor a team of designers in different time zones, providing feedback, strategy and direction, ensuring adoption of our design standards and design support across the organization.
Xylem is focused on helping utility companies to understand their data in order to reduce costs and improve their operation. We’re looking for people who are passionate about design, patient and confident in their communication, and who change directions quickly. If this sounds like you, then we want to talk!
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Lead a global team of designers working across our entire business, who will need support and direction to be effective.
- Recruit and support designers in their career.
- Lead the visual direction of our global design standards for the entire organization, including leading our design system team, and creating and documenting necessary patterns and components to support our business.
- Work collaboratively with designers, product managers and engineers to deliver compelling solutions for our users.
- Design and communicate intuitive user experiences through a deep understanding of the problem, our customer’s, and their needs. You consider problems from multiple angles and explore different approaches until you’ve identified the best solution.
- Demonstrate an ability to know how and when to conduct user and market research, and understand how to look at the results.
- Create low fidelity wireframes to communicate early stage concepts, create high fidelity mockups to communicate final ideas, and all of the other things in-between.
- Partner with the design team to develop, follow, and promote long term UX design thinking and guidelines.
- Lead the continued architecture of a design pipeline of tools and workflows streamlining the efforts of designers and engineers.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience
- 10 + years experience as a UX designer or similar.
- Previous experience leading a design team.
- You feel confident presenting your designs to peers and executive level stakeholders.
- You can demonstrate and communicate your UI/UX design skills with a strong portfolio.
- Experience creating prototypes that satisfy the different needs that arise through the life or a project, and enjoy all stages of app design, from sketching to polishing
- Highly proficient in Figma or similar design tools (Sketch, Adobe XD, etc).
- You’re up-to-date with the latest UI trends, techniques, and technologies.
- Experience with Agile/Scrum.
- You are a fantastic team player, communicator and facilitator and enjoy working with others to solve complex problems
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.