CodeSignal (51-200 Employees, 59% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
CodeSignal is seeking a “Manual QA Engineer” to assist with auditing and updating existing test cases as well as carefully reporting these bugs and the updates to our team. In this role, you’d be responsible for creating detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases working cross-functionally to improve the quality of our evaluations. In this role, you will need a high level of understanding of software development and have high attention to detail. If you are a QA Specialist, QA Engineer, QA tester, QA Test Engineer, this is a great opportunity to join a growing team and have a huge impact! In this position, you will be expected to take an active role in product discussions and represent the QA team in meetings with internal stakeholders.
CodeSignal is the leading technical interview solution, helping the world #GoBeyondResumes to hire high-quality and diverse technical talent. Talent Acquisition teams and engineering leaders use CodeSignal’s skills evaluation frameworks to tap into underrepresented pools of candidates, save valuable engineering resources, increase speed-to-hire, and increase candidate pipeline yield.
Founded in 2015, CodeSignal is trusted by innovative tech firms, financial services institutions, and the largest enterprises including Robinhood, Instacart, Uber, Netflix, Zoom, Facebook, Pinterest, Block, and Capital One. Some of our recent accomplishments include:
- Becoming an Industry Leader in G2’s Technical Screening Software Category, 2022
- Winning BuiltIn Best Places to Work: Small Companies in SF 2022 award
- Getting Certified as a Best Place to Work 2021-2022
- Raising $50M in our Series C led by Index Ventures in 2021
- Raising $25M in our Series B led by Menlo Ventures in late 2020
- Coming in at #3 on SaaS Mag’s “SaaS 1000” list in 2020
- Be helpful and empathetic. We believe that empathy is the foundation of building a great team, product, and service. We look at things from our users’ perspective, and we always treat our users and each other with trust and respect.
- Take ownership. All of us are on this ship together. When you see a problem to fix or an area to improve, do it!
- Move quickly and make mistakes. We’re not afraid to take risks. Be bold and try things; it’s better to validate an idea quickly than to fall behind chasing perfection.
- Have a point of view and embrace debate. We value getting things right and don’t stand on hierarchy. If you have an opinion, speak up, and you’ll be heard.
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases.
- Audit and update existing test cases if needed.
- Execute regression and exploratory testing.
- Write bug reports and update issues in appropriate tracking tools
- Take an active role in product discussions
- Speak as QA representative with engineering and design teams if needed
- 2-3 years of experience in QA, especially with the manual testing of web-based applications.
- Attention to detail and quality orientation.
- Experience with the creation/maintenance of test documentation.
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, processes, and tools.
- A clear understanding of the software development lifecycle, including the quality assurance process.
- Experience in Asana, GitHub and Qase.io (or similar) systems.
- Strong communication skills.
- In-depth knowledge of the current industry-wide testing techniques, tools, and methodologies.
- Advanced English knowledge.
- Ability to work full time.
- Located in Pacific or Mountain time zones
- Excited about joining a fast-paced startup
Why You’ll Love It Here
- Competitive salaries based on local market and 401k match
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Team activities and get-togethers to connect with your fellow Signalites
- Unlimited PTO and remote-first work policy
- Continuous learning with educational reimbursements provided
- Hardware is provided such as laptop, mouse, keyboard, headset, and company swag
- A challenging and fulfilling opportunity to join a fast-growing SaaS company
We know that great work comes from great, and inclusive teams. At CodeSignal, we specifically look for individuals of varying strengths, skills, backgrounds, and ideas. We believe this gives us a competitive advantage to better serve our customers and helps us all grow as Signalites and individuals. We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. CodeSignal is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.