Riverbed transforms data into actionable insights and accelerates performance so organizations can deliver a seamless digital experience and drive enterprise performance. Riverbed is the only company with the collective richness of telemetry from network to app to end user, that illuminates and then accelerates every digital interaction. Riverbed offers two industry-leading portfolios: Alluvio by Riverbed, a differentiated Unified Observability portfolio that unifies data, insights, and actions across IT, so customers can deliver seamless, secure digital experiences; and Riverbed Acceleration, providing fast, agile, secure acceleration of any app, over any network, to users anywhere.
Together with our thousands of partners, and market-leading customers globally – including 95% of the FORTUNE 100 –, we empower every click, every digital experience.
About this Position
Title: Manufacturing Test Engineer
Location: San Francisco, CA (Bay Area)
We are looking for a Manufacturing Test Engineer for immediate hire. In this role, you’ll define, design, and implement manufacturing test plans for highly complex Riverbed products.
- Perform root cause analysis and provide corrective feedback to resolve any issues.
- Provide sufficient detailed analysis and escalate to a higher level to enable issue and trend analysis to provide information for warranty cost reduction activities.
- Work on many sub-tasks of warranty management, with results impacting decisions needing to be taken at a more senior level.
- Run the qualification process provided by the product engineering team to determine if a given hard drive or SSD meets our requirements.
- Support manufacturing tests.
- Lab support for new product introduction.
- Multiple years of in-depth experience evaluating test and designing test processes for complex assemblies and cutting-edge technologies.
- Strong failure analysis skills.
- Basic Linux knowledge
- In-depth understanding of servers, network technologies, and physical interfaces.
- Extensive experience in upgrading and downgrading the firmware or hard drives and SSDs.
- Strong technical communication and strong documenting skills.
- Effective and efficient problem-solving/analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, or a similar field of study, is strongly preferred.
Why Join Riverbed
Riverbed offers a rewarding experience of working with the best minds in the industry, delivering exceptional network performance and visibility for any application. We are proud of our great culture that continuously fosters innovation, collaboration, and diverse work environments. We remain committed to attracting, developing, and retaining the most diverse group of talent to better serve our customers.
Riverbed is an equal employment opportunity/Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) employer and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy or child birth (including breast feeding), sexual orientation, genetics, genetic information, marital status, veteran status or any other basis protected by and in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
As a government contractor, Riverbed is required to ensure that all of its U.S. employees are fully vaccinated for COVID-19 unless a legal exemption applies. As a result, all Riverbed job offers are expressly conditioned on an individual being fully vaccinated for COVID-19 on or prior to their start date and providing proof of such vaccination unless the individual is legally exempt.
We want people of all backgrounds to see themselves represented and included in our work, so we actively seek to diversify our team and bring more voices to the table.