Plug Power (, 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Market Development Manager
Status: Exempt (Salaried)
Location: Remote (India based, Hyderabad)
At Plug, we are paving the way for green hydrogen and changing the way energy is used across the globe, one molecule at a time!
As Plug’s Market Development Manager for India, you will be responsible for analyzing the market in terms of policy, players, opportunities, and supporting market development activities in India for various offerings of the company. You will present your findings on a regular basis develop the necessary market intelligence enabling decision making for India market and thus help establish Plug as the leader in green hydrogen.
Leading with an analytical mindset, you will strategize and work to strengthen the Plug brand. You will work closely with marketing, product management, and sales teams to get necessary things done in India. Attention to detail, doing deep research and keeping abreast of the happenings in the market, and ability to get things done will be key to the success of this role. Your work will have an impact on a global scale helping accelerate the transition to a sustainable world. If you are self-motivated with a great understanding of clean energy space, India market, policy landscape, this is an exciting career opportunity for you.
Core Duties and Responsibilities
- Support India Market Development efforts through collecting business intelligence data from available industry reports, public information, field reports, or purchased sources
- Study Policy, Regulations, Tenders and provide analysis and suggestions
- Provide market analysis for Green Hydrogen opportunities across the value chain in India and any other target new markets
- Identify potential new opportunities across industry verticals and applications for Plug’s offerings
- Play a key role in shaping go-to-market strategies by defining value proposition, techno-economic analysis, and assessment of competitive landscape
- Coordinate and work closely with other teams
- Represent Plug Power in a professional manner at all times and in all interactions
- Other general activities related to building out Plug Power’s value chain
- Perform all other duties as assigned
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, with MBA preferred
- 5-8 years of experience in marketing or business development with a minimum of three years in the energy space.
- Direct, hands-on experience in research, analysis, reporting and presenting market information including Policy, Regulations, Tenders etc.
- Experience interacting with CXO or Head of Business level stakeholders
- A strong track record of influencing various stakeholders and peers
- The ability to work independently in the face of complex assignments
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Dynamic interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate with diverse audiences and stakeholders
- Ability to manage complex projects and multi-task effectively
- Excellent follow-through
- Must be driven and self-motivated
- Ability to flex as needed and excel in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
Plug Power, Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.