Global Glimps (11-50 Employees, 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
ABOUT THE ROLE
We’re looking for a design-savvy, strategic communicator who is inspired and motivated to elevate a mission-driven brand from a “best-kept secret” to a “household name”. We are looking for someone who believes travel is one of the most powerful forms of education and would be excited to wake up every morning to help make travel accessible to young people from all backgrounds through powerful storytelling and innovative marketing. This role will work in close partnership with our Chief Operating Officer to develop and own the execution of our growth marketing strategy, org-wide communications systems, and brand design to support Global Glimpse’s next stage of growth and impact. This is an ideal role for an organized go-getter with a solid background in communications and marketing and the desire to level up in breadth and leadership in a fast-paced environment.
YOUR OPPORTUNITY FOR IMPACT
Amplify our brand and expand our reach
Collaborate across departments to design and communicate strategic content to grow brand awareness and help to exceed organizational growth goals.
- Develop and execute our marketing strategy, inclusive of online and offline channels: optimize paid and owned media channels to maximize acquisition, test new channels and markets, and iterate to unlock growth
- Design strategy and manage content, engagement, and growth across all Global Glimpse social media platforms: Snap, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, and Linkedin
- Maintain a thorough and accurate understanding of Global Glimpse’s pre-trip, international, and alumni programming as well as the organization’s fundraising and community initiatives in order to regularly capture powerful content and effectively develop and promote content to a diverse community of stakeholders
- Streamline organization-wide external marketing materials and maintain brand consistency across program, development, and international teams
- Design and manage the ordering of communication, branding, and print/ production materials; including but not limited to, t-shirts, brochures, postcards, water bottles, and various promotional outreach materials, and ensure that external outreach materials are printed and stocked at all times
Create content that allows Global Glimpse to stand out from the crowd
Create compelling, culturally sensitive, and strategic messaging that positions Global Glimpse as a leader in youth travel and educational equity.
- Update our key messaging priorities to position Global Glimpse as thought leaders in our industry and roll out new messaging across our marketing channels including website and print materials
- Manage a wide range of writing, design, and event projects, and assist in related areas including fundraising campaigns and public relations
- Edit and shape content with a close eye for DEIB to ensure our brand is representative of those most impacted by our work and uplifts the voices of those historically underrepresented in the communities we serve
- Identify, research, and write content for web, email campaigns, newsletters, annual reports, and other marketing materials
- Create engaging content for publication for print and digital media for all organizational departments; source, develop and write content, curate articles/blogs, and edit photos
- Draft and copy edit organization communications (blog, email, newsletters, print, etc.)
Improve efficiency and effectiveness of communications for scale
Develop or iterate upon current communication and content production processes and systems to ensure timely, consistent, and high-quality communications and branding across the organization.
- Support the design and maintenance of Global Glimpse’s website (WordPress) and develop web strategies to further increase brand awareness online, drive traffic, and increase conversion rates
- Source and manage external designers, videographers, and content contractors to develop and execute creative concepts and campaigns that attract and engage audiences
- Maintain and manage an org-wide editorial calendar to synchronize external communications across departments and marketing channels
- Collect photos, videos, quotes, program metrics, and impact data, ensuring content is well integrated into print and digital marketing materials and channels
- Manage and maintain organization-wide marketing communication systems; including but not limited to MailChimp mailing lists, mass SMS recruitment platform, and photo databases
- Monitor website, email communication analytics, and success measurements and apply data to improve digital communications strategy
WHO WILL THRIVE IN THIS ROLE
We know that it takes more than hard skills to build a winning team. We are looking for teammates who bring diverse experiences, backgrounds, and perspectives and will contribute to our culture and bring strengths in the following areas to their work:
- Expert Communicator: You communicate clearly and effectively and you have a strong eye for design, optics, and visual storytelling.
- Highly Organized: You love organization and structure, you have solid skills in time management and follow-through, and you require minimal supervision. You thrive creatively when systems are in place to manage the basic tenets of your work and maximize efficiency.
- Creative Marketer: You have a strong knowledge of best practices in creative growth marketing and geek out on utilizing communication platforms and technology to effectively engage the Gen-Z audience and their families.
- Results Driven: You hold yourself to unusually high standards, and that is reflected in the content you produce; you seek input from others to continually build your expertise and use data to iterate and adapt.
- Excellent Judgment: You have an astute and attentive “stakeholder first” mentality, exercising discretion, and excellent judgment in stewarding brands and balancing competing priorities to reach organizational objectives. You are highly sensitive to representation and DEIB when it comes to messaging and storytelling.
- Connected to our Mission: You have had experiences in your own life that drive your passion for Global Glimpse’s mission and vision.
PREFERRED ADDITIONAL EXPERIENCE:
- Experience translating quantitative and qualitative data/insights into strong marketing strategies, combining strategy and execution
- Functional knowledge of Google Analytics, Mailchimp, WordPress, and Canva
- A formal or informal portfolio showcasing successful digital storytelling projects that you’ve worked on (video, photography, digital advertising, web design, etc.)
- Graphic design and/or video editing experience
- Experience marketing to Gen-Z demographic, high school age students/families
A TYPICAL DAY IN THIS ROLE
You kick off a typical day by reviewing your calendar and ensuring you are prepared for internal and external meetings. You meet with the Chief Operating Officer to review the Alumni stories that you captured for a fall new student referral campaign to ensure that voices are representative of the students we serve. After that, you connect with an external videographer to review the second edit of a summer recap video we will feature in our post-summer donor email. In the afternoon, you join a meeting with our partners at Away to review a co-branding campaign featuring our students in Ecuador. Finally, you close out your day by writing a social media post that highlights the impact of the tech-free nature of our program on the mental health of Gen-Z. Every day is different in this dynamic role. You are connecting with team members across the US and around the world, optimizing systems, rolling out new content, and flexing your design muscles. You’re celebrating the wins and learning from missed opportunities, making sure our brand is amplifying the voices of our diverse community in authentic and powerful ways.
Play a critical role in shaping the brand and marketing strategy to launch Global Glimpse into the next stage of growth. Co-create the strategies, systems, and messages that help make Global Glimpse a well-known, trusted, and inspiring industry leader in youth travel and educational equity.
ABOUT GLOBAL GLIMPSE
Global Glimpse provides travel, leadership, and global learning opportunities to high school students from diverse backgrounds. Our programs develop empathy, agency, and global perspective, empowering a new generation of young leaders with the skills they need to succeed in college and careers and drive change in their communities.
We bring high school students from different racial, ethnic, socioeconomic, and geographic backgrounds together through shared experience, and since 2008 we have served over 7,500 students and 550 educators across 100 US high schools and provided over $13M in scholarships.
Our people are everything at Global Glimpse and we invest significant time, focus, and resources to building the best environment possible for our team to thrive and make an impact. At Global Glimpse you can expect to find a culture that reflects our values:
- Access & diversity are at the heart of our work
- We humbly strive for excellence
- We communicate with honesty & transparency
- We are growth-minded & solutions-oriented
- We are both mission-driven & business savvy
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY, INCLUSION, AND BELONGING
We know that in order for our programs to be truly transformative for students from all backgrounds they must be both accessible and inclusive. For that reason, we are unwavering in our commitment to building and supporting a team of staff, educators, board members, and community partners that reflect, respect, and understand the backgrounds, identities, and experiences of the students and communities that we serve.
- Location: Global Glimpse has transitioned to a fully remote culture with staff across the country and around the world. This position is a US remote role with travel required for US and international team retreats.
- Start Date: We are assessing applications as they arrive; ideal start date is August 29, 2022
- Compensation: $70,000-$95,000
- Benefits: Full health benefits, unlimited PTO, half-day Wellness Fridays… We are proud to provide a total rewards package that puts the person first. You can learn more about our comprehensive benefits package here.
- Application process: Submit your resume and answer some short questions online! No need to include a cover letter, we want to hear from you directly!
We spend time getting to know our applicants and ensuring that they have the opportunity to get to know our teams. We believe it’s important for applicants to connect with a range of team members and stakeholders so that they can get a well-rounded sense of who we are and how we work. Once resumes are received our applicant review process includes the following steps:
Global Glimpse is an equal opportunity employer. We believe our team should both reflect and understand the diversity of backgrounds, identities, and experiences of the students and community partners that we serve. We know that a diverse team, informed by different cultures and perspectives, makes us stronger. Applicants who contribute to this diversity are strongly encouraged to apply.