Allstate (501+ Employees, 8% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
The world isn’t standing still, and neither is Allstate. We’re moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers’ evolving needs. That’s why now is an exciting time to join our team. You’ll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good. You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.
The Acquisition 1:1 team serves as a Center of Excellence for data-driven 1:1 marketing and works throughout the Enterprise implementing, consulting, and improving mail and email programs. The incumbent will implement mail programs on the National General business, supporting Affinity relationships. This role may also support Allstate mail and/or email programs.
This position will be charged with all aspects of program implementation including but not limited to – quality control, materials management and ordering, vendor interactions, premium fulfillment management, and internal communications. This position will also provide strategic and test recommendations.
- Coordinate day to day activities associated with campaign development and execution
- Coordinate both internal and external resources to execute campaigns within prescribed timeline
- Adhere to assigned budget; recommend efficiencies
- Implement tests designed to improve performance and/or efficiency; make testing recommendations
- Provide reporting support including trending and tracking operational metrics and key performance indicators
- Create and maintain campaign presentations and support materials
- Work with internal, external, and field stakeholders to maximize campaign engagement and results – including the development and execution of
- appropriate communications
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for programs owned
- Ad hoc duties as assigned, including the support of Allstate programs
- Advocate on behalf of the customer at every stage of the campaign development and implementation process
Education and Experience:
- 4+ years of directly related experience
- Experience managing client expectations a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Experienced in mail production including data flow, print production, and quality control processes
- Experienced in mail, email and/or teleservices campaign management – including improving campaign results
- Knowledge of data-driven methodology and measurement principles, including incremental measurement
- Ability to coordinate the activities of multiple internal and external partners
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects under tight timelines
- Intermediate analytic skills and ability to translate analysis into actionable recommendations
- Intermediate project management skills
- Intermediate interpersonal skills
- Intermediate verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Intermediate Microsoft Office, including Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to learn new software applications
- Ability to communicate with a client
The preceding description is not designed to be a complete list of all duties and responsibilities. May be required to perform other related duties as assigned. Regular, predictable attendance is an essential function of this job.
Compensation offered for this role is $60,100 – $102,625 per year and is based on experience and qualifications.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life — including a generous paid time off policy. For a full description of Allstate’s benefits, visit allstate.jobs/benefits/