FluentStream (51-200 Employees, 5% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
FluentStream is a software-as-a-service (SaaS) company that simplifies and automates how businesses communicate with customers. Thousands of businesses across the country have replaced their legacy phone system with FluentStream’s modern, cloud-based communications platform. Our apps enable support, sales and other professionals to deliver an exceptional customer experience from any device or location. Our 80+ remote employees share a passion for teamwork, fast-paced challenges, flexibility and inclusion. We are proud to be consecutively recognized by Inc. 5000 as one of the fastest-growing private companies, and by BuiltIn as one of best companies to work for in the U.S.
We are looking for a Media and Signaling Software Developer to build scalable SIP and VoIP infrastructure and design and build a dialplan for current and future growth.
Our vision is to be the communications provider of choice for small and medium businesses by providing simple solutions, integrations, exceptional service and reliability through our relentless efforts to improve our company, client experience, teammates and ourselves. We are looking for curious, driven team members who are excited to help shape the future direction of FluentStream’s technology.
- Contributing to defining FluentStream’s Development standards and best practices, architecture patterns and recommended technologies.
- Working within the FluentStream Agile framework to build cutting edge web applications using technologies including React,Typescript, Node.js, and Java.
- Designing, building and maintaining our SIP and VoIP signaling infrastructure
- Full-stack feature implementation, bug fixes, code reviews, and responsiveness to our operations organization
- Implement technical prototypes to understand new technologies as well as assess and manage risks for projects in active development
- Provide guidance to teams on designs, from inception to implementation
- Champion our culture of ownership and responsibility by demonstrating a dedication to meeting objectives
- Mentor developers at all levels
You might be a good fit if you:
- 5+ years development experience with cloud based communications
- Have experience with frontend and backend frameworks including React, Typescript, Node.js, Java (8 or newer)
- Have experience with AWS (a plus if you have experience with AWS CDK)
- Have experience with building and iterating on Asterisk and dial plans
- Have experience being responsible for end to end delivery of product
- Are effective at communicating design/engineering trade-offs to product owners and UX
- Have great verbal communication skills
- Get excited by technology and further developing your skills.
- Are able to take loose requirements, work with others to figure out what needs to be done, and drive a project forward
- Self taught is just fine. We don’t care if you have a degree or what it is in
- Have experience in a remote work environment
Compensation: $150,000 to $250,000 per year plus equity
Location: This is a remote position and can be located anywhere in the United States. You must be a US Citizen or Green Card holder.
- Company equity program
- Monthly stipend to facilitate a comfortable remote work environment
- Medical, dental, life and vision insurance
- Unlimited paid time off
- Paid family leave
- Short-term disability
- Long-term disability
- 401k plan
- Reimbursement for education and professional development
- Employee assistance program
- Pet insurance
At FluentStream, we are committed to building an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity, inclusion, equity, and belonging enables us to move forward with our mission. We are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage anyone to apply if your experience is close to what we are looking for.
Employees working in this position will be required to be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus, unless they qualify for a medical or religious exemption. Applicants will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal and local laws.