Square (501+ Employees, 60% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Square’s purpose is economic empowerment; since our beginning, we have been helping numerous sellers start and manage their own businesses. Many small businesses struggled with the pandemic as they scrambled to adapt to going online to reach their customers.
The Orders team has a mission to help sellers to reach their customers anywhere and provide seamless omnichannel experiences – such as buy online, pickup in store – to sellers of all sizes. Furthermore, we aim to build an Orders platform that empowers both teams at Square and an ecosystem of third-party developers to support our sellers in this bright future ahead.
We’re looking for an Engineering Manager to lead the Open Orders team. We have a vision in which Square sellers can edit and manage their open orders all in one place, regardless of source or channel. You’ll lead and empower a team of excellent engineers to develop a best-in-class Order Management experience that makes omnichannel a reality for our sellers. This team’s work is critically important for building our vision of the future!
- Lead, grow, motivate and inspire the team of engineers responsible for the Open Orders experience in Square’s Point of Sale applications.
- Make decisions with direct bearing on the course and success of the product through close collaboration with your engineering, design, and product management partners.
- Ensure a high level of engineering quality through well-structured APIs, reusable components, and well-tested, maintainable software.
- Envision and achieve a future state where Square sellers can manage all of their orders across online and in-store sources and channels.
- 4+ years software development experience
- 1+ years of experience managing engineering teams OR practical experience setting the technical direction for a team through close collaboration with partners and driving execution for multi-person, multi-team projects. Past management experience is not required!
- Mobile development experience (iOS or Android) OR previous experience managing a mobile team
- A desire to build products that our merchants will depend on every day to run their business.
- [Bonus] Experience building, or even using, order management systems for sellers.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.
We believe the economy is better when everyone has access. When everyone has room to grow. No one should be left out because the cost is too great or the technology too complex. So we’re building easy tools to empower and enrich people. Tools that shorten the distance between having an idea and making a living from it—because we believe in fair and square. We started with a little white card reader but haven’t stopped there. Our new reader helps our sellers accept chip cards and NFC payments, our Cash app lets people send money instantly, and we’re building easy tools for customers, too. We’re empowering the electrician to send invoices, setting up the food truck with a delivery option, helping the clothing boutique pay its employees, and giving the coffee chain capital for a second, third, and fourth location. We’re here to help sellers of all sizes start, run, and grow their business—and helping them grow their business is good business for everyone.