Cash App (501+ Employees, 258% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
It all started with an idea at Block in 2013. Initially built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic app, bringing a better way to send, spend, invest, borrow and save to our millions of monthly active users. With a mission to redefine the world’s relationship with money by making it more relatable, available and accessible, at Cash App you’ll have the opportunity to make a real-world impact with your career.
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees around the world with a culture geared toward creativity, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and continue to value working across time zones and continents both remotely and in our Cash App offices.
Our offices are great, but many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Block operates. We tailor our experience to champion our employees’ creativity and productivity wherever they are.
Check out our locations, benefits and more at cash.app/careers.
As a Mobile QA Engineer on Cash, you’ll be responsible for the planning, design, development, and execution of manual and automated test suites for Cash. You’ll work collaboratively with members of the release management organization, and product & engineering teams to create smoke, regression & feature test suites, and plan for automated solutions to execute and validate against every build.
- Participate in requirements review, design review, sprint planning, backlog grooming and retrospective meetings
- Own the quality of features and lead test efforts for one or multiple product areas
- Review PRDs, functional and design specifications and prepare test plans
- Work closely with cross-functional peers to develop manual and automated test suites for existing & new features
- Define the best QA process which fits the cross-functional team
- Integrate with CI systems, parallelize automated test execution, including execution in device cloud
- Work with QA & Release Managers to certify a release and investigate issues from Early Access Program
- Work with external QA team to ensure test coverage
- Perform testing workload across multiple concurrent projects with different sprint cycles and release deadlines
- Experience in code/scripting language such as Python or Ruby or Java
- Experience working with CI systems
- Experience working in an Agile / Scrum development environment
- Experience working with third party QA vendor
- Create clear, concise detail oriented test suites
- Ability to understand and create test suites from specifications or test cases
- Liaison with Product teams, Engineering teams, and QA teams
- A proven record of prioritizing and coordinating work across a large number of product teams.
- Ability to develop and implement QA standards and best practices
- Ability to work on multiple projects at once
- Ability to quickly learn and become proficient with complex applications
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.