Tinder (501+ Employees, 14% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Tinder brings people together. With tens of millions of users, hundreds of millions of downloads, 2 billion swipes per day, 20 million matches per day and a presence in every country on earth, our reach is expansive—and rapidly growing.
At Tinder, we are passionate about building software to bring our growing global user base one swipe closer to a new adventure! We empower all team members to contribute solutions – this is not a top down organization. We feel it is important to learn from one another and grow as a team.
As a Software Engineer at Tinder’s Mobile Foundation teams, you will have an outsized impact and ownership of the foundation of the Tinder App. We are deeply invested in challenging norms, constantly improving architecture design, exploring emergent tech and ideas, and leveraging new technologies in interesting ways to deliver an app that is widely known the world over.
Within Mobile Foundations, we have 4 sub teams focusing on different parts of the app development lifecycle: Mobile Frameworks, UI Platform, Developer Experience and App Experience. Our vision is to make Tinder the best place to build mobile apps.
In addition to our flexible remote options across the United States, by applying to this role you can be considered for all iOS or android roles currently available in our Los Angeles, San Francisco and/or Palo Alto offices. Currently, our teams are working together remotely and we’ve adapted our recruiting processes to accommodate virtual interviews with prospective hires.
What You’ll Do:
• Build clean, testable, scalable, well documented and innovative foundations for use by feature developers
• Build relationships with mobile engineers across the company to understand their needs and problems
• Explore advanced technologies and best practices internally and throughout the industry to solve current and future challenges
• Dive into and improve existing code in core frameworks and throughout our codebase
• Mentor, collaborate, and learn from innovative and passionate team members
What You’ll Need:
• 2+ years professional experience building native mobile applications at large scale
• Experience with creating readable, well-crafted, and maintainable code
• Have a passion for supporting and enabling others to become more productive
• A commitment to continuous improvement (yourself, your teammates, your software)
• Extensive understanding of mobile OS Frameworks (Android or iOS)
• Familiar with best practices for concurrency, threading and memory management
• Familiar with architecture patterns such as MVVM / VIPER etc. and their uses
• Familiar with build, CI and testing infrastructure
Nice To Have:
• Experience with building nicely designed mobile SDKs
• Comfortable working with legacy code and have effective ways to continuously improve it
• Experience communicating and implementing effective, solutions oriented improvements
• A BS or MS in Computer Science or Engineering
As part of our team, you’ll enjoy:
• Working on a product that has an immediate impact on people’s lives all around the world
• Collaborating with a team of creative, fun and driven colleagues
• Comprehensive health coverage, competitive salary, 401(k) employer match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
• Other perks and wellness benefits like a fitness membership subsidy, paid concierge medical membership, pet insurance offerings, and a commuter subsidy
• A robust Learning + Development offering including our MentorMatch program, access to a library of 6,000+ online learning courses through Udemy, and an annual L+D stipend
• Access to mental health resources
• Fertility preservation benefits
• No Meeting Wednesdays and access to a wide range of product and service discounts through Perkspot
• Charitable donations match up to $15,000 annually
• Monthly and weekly interactive virtual events including Book Club, trivia with prizes and yoga workouts
• The opportunity to join six active Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
At Tinder, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our product, and our community. We strive to make our workplace an inclusive and diverse environment, giving people from all walks of life the opportunity to have a voice. We champion and encourage those who bring different perspectives, ideas, and creativity to join our team dedicated to bringing people together across the globe. Tinder is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace where we welcome all people regardless of sex, gender identity, race, ethnicity, disability, or other lived experience.