IBM (501+ Employees, 4% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Title: Motion Graphics Designer
Location: United States
- Required Education:Bachelor’s Degree
- Position Type:Professional
- Employment Type:Full-Time
- Travel Required:Up to 20% or 1 day a week
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM Quantum is leading the world in an incredible new computing paradigm based on quantum technology. To bring the story of our remarkable quantum technology to the world we are building a dedicated, highly creative experience team to create beautiful, engaging content and experiences for our audiences.
The IBM Quantum community team is building the quantum workforce of the future through free and open source education. We are looking for a motion graphics designer who can create animations explaining complex concepts that help users comprehend quantum computing basics. Working alongside a team of visual and UX designers, video producers, and experts from across science and education to help grow our quantum computing community.
Key responsibilities will include the following:
- Shipping production-ready motion graphics for use in videos and on the web
- Working within the design language of IBM Quantum and Qiskit to generate consistent educational material
- Working with other designers and subject matter experts to faithfully represent scientific concepts through motion graphics in a succinct and digestible way.
Preferred Location is NYC are or Remote.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Applicants should be able to exhibit the following skills and have the following experience
- 3+ years Motion Graphics Design Experience
- Proficiency in After Effects or related motion graphics software
- Working knowledge with design software, including Figma, Sketch, and Adobe Illustrator
- Ability to make a visual connection to the project narrative
- Ability and willingness to take a project from concept through final delivery
- Strong ability to collaborate across discipline
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Supporting technical content creators with visuals
- Creating animations for web
- Creation of interactive graphics for web
- Working knowledge of interaction design concepts
- At least a superficial understanding or enthusiasm towards quantum computing
- A passion for community building and inclusion in emerging technology
IBM offers a wide range of resources for eligible IBMers to thrive both inside and outside of work. In addition to a competitive benefits program consisting of medical and life insurance, retirement plans, and time off, eligible employees may also have access to:
- 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. Family care options are also available to support eligible employees during COVID-19.
- World-class training and educational resources on our personalized, AI-driven learning platform. IBM’s learning culture supports your restless attitude to grow your skills and build the depth and scale of knowledge needed to achieve your career goals.
- Well-being programs to support mental and physical health.
- Financial programs that empower you to plan, save, and manage your money (including expert financial counseling, 401(k), IBM stock discount, etc.).