Ecobee (201-500 Employees, 8% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Hi, we are ecobee.
ecobee introduced the world’s first smart Wi-Fi thermostat to help millions of consumers save money, conserve energy, and bring home automation into their lives. That was just the beginning. We continue our pursuit to create technology that brings peace of mind into the home and allows people to focus on the moments that matter most. We take pride in making a meaningful difference to the environment, all while being part of the exciting, connected home revolution.
In 2021, ecobee became a subsidiary of Generac Power Systems. Generac introduced the first affordable backup generator and later created the category of automatic home standby generator. The company is committed to sustainable, cleaner energy products poised to revolutionize the 21st century electrical grid. Together, we take pride in making a meaningful difference to the environment, all while being part of the exciting, connected home revolution.
Why we love to do what we do:
We’re helping build the world of tomorrow with solutions that improve everyday life while making a positive impact on the planet. Our products and services work in harmony to provide comfort, efficiency, and peace of mind for millions of homes and businesses. While we’re proud of what we’ve done so far, there’s still a lot we can do—and you can be part of it.
Join our extraordinary team.
We’re a rapidly growing global tech company headquartered in the heart of downtown Toronto with offices in Toronto, Canada and Leeds, UK (and remote ecopeeps in the US). We get to work with some of North America and UK’s leading professionals. Our colleagues are proud to bring their authentic selves to work, confident that what we do is grounded in a greater purpose. We’re always looking for curious, talented, and passionate people to join our team.
Who’ll You Be Joining:
The National Account Manager will represent ecobee’s products and services to our National Distribution and Integration partners across the United States and Canada. You will lead the strategic customer account planning cycle and ensure our customers have a great ecobee experience.
We are looking for a proven record of delivering high quality results, strategic thinker, a natural multi-tasker with a driven mindset. In this role you will be working cross-functional with internal and external customers, organization and strong communication skills are a must. Building and maintaining relationships will be the key to your success! Reporting to the Director of Sales, National Accounts and Builder, this role will work directly with our National HVAC and Integration Partners, so we are looking for someone who is passionate and knowledgeable about the industry.
This role involves North American travel and the ideal candidate will be based in Western or Eastern USA.
How You’ll Make an Impact:
- Prospect and develop nationally aligned businesses servicing our HVAC and Integration professional channels and create strategies and plans that address customer needs and expands our footprint on a National and Multi Regional basis.
- Proactively lead a joint company-strategic account planning process that develops mutual performance objectives, financial targets, and critical milestones for a one and three-year period.
- Establish productive, professional relationships with key personnel in assigned customer accounts.
- Coordinate the involvement of company personnel, including support, service, and management resources, to meet account performance objectives and customer expectations.
- Meet assigned targets for profitable sales volume and strategic objectives in assigned accounts
- Proactively assess, clarify, and validate customer needs on an ongoing basis.
- Lead solution development efforts that best address customer needs while coordinating the involvement of all necessary company personnel.
- Prepare detailed forecasts for short and long-term sales objectives and communicate with product and supply chain management teams to ensure customer needs are met.
What You’ll Bring to the Table:
- Minimum 5 years of strategic account management in a business-to-business sales environment.
- University or College degree in a business focused program
- Several years of proven sales experience within the HVAC and Integrator trades or related industry.
- Experience developing multi-level sales channels, partner relationships and proven sales leadership developing winning sales strategies and field execution.
- Must have a solid understanding of two-step distribution, a demonstrated history of product positioning, driving results and growth.
- Effective communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Availability to travel extensively in Canada and US + access to a vehicle and valid driver’s license required
- Just so you know: successfully hired candidates will be required to complete a criminal background check.
What happens after you apply:
Application review. It will happen. By an actual person in Talent Acquisition. We get upwards of 100+ applications for some roles, it can take a few days, but every applicant can expect a note regarding their application status.
- A 30-minute phone/video call with the Sr. Talent Acquisition Specialist
- A first round virtual interview with a cross-functional group of ecopeeps – expect technical, behavioural and situational questions If your first round interview goes well, – you’ll then have a final interview with the Executive of the team.
With ecobee, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Be part of something big: Get to work in a fresh, dynamic, and ever-growing industry.
- Make an environmental difference: Make a sustainable impact while on your daily job, and after it through programs like ecobee acts.
- Expand your career: Learn with our in-house learning enablement team, grow with our quarterly hackathons, and enjoy our generous professional learning budget.
- Put people first: Benefit from competitive salaries, health benefits, and a progressive Parental Top-Up Program (75% top-up or five bonus days off).
- Play a part on an exceptional culture: Enjoy a fun and casual workplace with an open concept office, located at Corus Quay. ecobee Leeds is based at our riverside office on the Calls.
- Celebrate diversity: Be part of a truly welcoming workplace. We offer a mentorship program and bias training.
Are you interested? Let’s make it work.
Our people are empowered to take ownership of their schedules with workflows that allow for flexible hours. Based on your job, you have an option of office, hybrid or fully remote work. It is our top priority to keep employees safe. As we continue to take measures to keep employees safe in our offices, we have adopted a mandatory vaccine policy to be present in the physical Toronto office or other ecobee sponsored events in Ontario as of November 1, 2021. As such, to be in our office, it is required to acknowledge a formal attestation and submit accompanying proof of vaccination status. For the foreseeable future, we will be conducting our interviews and onboarding sessions through video. New team members will also be starting remotely, with all necessary equipment provided and shipped to them.
We’re committed to inclusion and accommodation.
ecobee believes that openness and diversity make us better. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply regardless of race, gender, age, religion, identity, or any other aspect which makes them unique. Accommodations can be made upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Our recruitment team is happy to answer any questions candidates may have about virtual interviewing, onboarding, and future work locations.
We’re up to incredible things. Come and be part of them.
Ready to join ecobee? View current openings.
Please note, ecobee does not accept unsolicited resumes.