Car and Classic Limited (11-50 Employees, N/A 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
You are a self motivated and driven individual capable of working securely in a remote location. You will be able to easily assimilate information. Ideally you will come from a finance background with experience in onboarding clients to an escrow service.
You will need to have a passion for helping people, the flexibility to help with a variety of projects, be a strong communicator, be creative at problem solving and be curious to learn new skills and processes.
A team player able to identify urgent tasks within a workload and prioritise accordingly.
Experience within the finance sector or banking sector would be favourable.
About the role
The primary purpose of this onboarding specialist role is to be a helping hand to our clients, who are looking to engage and use our platform.
You will also be responsible for guiding our customers through our escrow validation process both for private sellers and businesses. Along with more general enquiries.
Interacting with a variety of stakeholders throughout the business the role demands excellent attention to detail, able to work on their own initiative, as well as strictly abiding by company processes and governmental legislation.
About us www.carandclassic.com
Car & Classic is one of the largest automotive marketplaces in the world. We’re lucky to have thousands of user generated listings submitted monthly with content gems from James Bond’s Aston DB5 to Elvis Presley’s Cadillac. The site is old, launched in 2005 but under new, VC-backed ownership since 2018 and on an exciting triple-digit growth journey to bring classic vehicle transactions online.
Our culture is incredibly important to us. We’re lucky enough to have built the team from scratch with a focus on enjoying the day-to-day, diversity, inclusion and high performance. Despite being an entirely distributed business we build strong connections as colleagues and have created a fun and high performing culture.
Whilst the team is only 95 people now we expect to double over the next 12-months. We’re looking for onboarding specialist’s that has good, relevant experience and wants to make their mark in a rapid growth business where they can make a real difference, whilst enjoying the environment and culture.
Finally you don’t have to love cars to work here (and lots of our team don’t) but for those who do this is an incredible opportunity to combine your passion and professional lives – we look forward to hearing from you.
What do you get (remuneration & benefits)?
- Salary: £25,000
- Stock options
- All the equipment you need to get the job done
- Flexible working – work where and when you want in order to get the job done
- Access to free counselling, therapy and mental health support via Spill
- Professional development allowance
- Company paid team retreats ♂️
- Income Protection
- Life Cover
- Smart Health
- Generous parental leave
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays) & any period of closure over Christmas also paid
- Ability to make your mark on a fast-growing start-up
The skills, attributes and experience you must have
We’re looking for organised, self-motivated and diligent individuals with a passion for delivering excellent customer service and attention to detail. You’ll also be willing and driven to develop your own career and meet departmental and personal goals. As a trusted adviser you’ll strive to improve standards for our customers, looking for ways to make their lives easier and take the stress out of selling and buying through our platform.
- You must have a quiet working space at home, one in which you can conduct the role in a confidential manner due to the nature of the position.
- Experience onboarding customers in a Fintech or similar company
- Customer Service experience
- Highly empathetic with an accomplished telephone & email manner
- Experienced in many aspects of office work, such as, but not limited to: telephone and email handling, interacting with various company stakeholders, working on your own, data recording, customer service, financial administration, producing tailored communication etc
- The ability to rapidly build trust and rapport with customers
- Experience with CRM systems, (Zendesk, Hubspot)
- Effective time management and organisational skills
- Ability to problem solve and work to time scales
- Ability to problem solve and multi-task and work well under set timescales
- Computer Literate
Skills, attributes and experience it would be nice for you to have:
- A background within the financial or credit industries is desirable but not essential as full training will be given.
- The ability to speak another language would be advantageous
- An understanding of European legislation and compliance rules
Our application process
We want to make sure we hire the best available talent! We had a fantastic 2021 with all of our hires hitting the ground running. We are excited to do the same in 2022.
Every role is crucial to us at this stage of our growth. We are improving and evolving our recruitment and application process on a monthly basis. We are trying to remove any bias from our recruitment process, this is an on-going issue in the recruitment function for companies of all sizes.
To help achieve this we have refined our application form that you will find when you click ‘Apply for this job’. The answers to the questions are the difference between your application being progressed or not so please do give them your time and effort when answering. The first thing our Talent Partner will review is these questions (we may not even need to review your CV depending on your answers).
Good luck with your application and thank you in advance for your interest in joining us at Car & Classic.