"Awesome Motive, Inc." (51-200 Employees, 145% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
As our Organic Content Manager, you’ll manage teams that drive high-converting organic traffic at OptinMonster.com and TrustPulse.com. You will be responsible for planning and managing the editorial calendars of the blogs, social media accounts, and YouTube channels for OptinMonster and TrustPulse, lead generation softwares used on over 1.2 million websites.
We are proud to be part of the Awesome Motive family of products including WPBeginner, WPForms, MonsterInsights, SeedProd and many more.
**Note that this is not an individual writer or contributor role. Candidates without experience managing content teams will not be considered.**
Interested in applying?
Please read/follow the next steps outlined in “How to Apply” at the bottom of this listing. Attention to detail is one of our core values and this is your first opportunity to show us that you pay attention to the details.
To love this role, here’s the type of person you are:
- You have a passion for and demonstrated results in the areas of search engine optimization, digital marketing and customer acquisition.
- You’re able to leverage imperfect data to create and execute winning digital marketing campaigns and funnels.
- You’re extremely self driven and curious to find creative answers to complex questions.
- You’re comfortable seeing the big picture and how the small details get you there.
- You love to create systems, tools, and processes for others where they don’t already exist.
- You are very familiar with the WordPress and Shopify ecosystems, as well as the Email Marketing community. It’s what you can’t stop talking about, even though your friends and family wish you would!
Common responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Own organic content marketing at OptinMonster and TrustPulse and the revenue produced through our organic channels. This position is successful when pageviews, and most importantly, revenue from organic traffic increase.
- Directly oversee the work of our organic content marketing team members, including forecasting hiring needs, interviewing, onboarding and termination. Our team currently includes several writers, a social media manager, and a video content creator.
- Conduct quarterly reviews for each team member and monthly 1:1s.
- Control qualified traffic to our website by designing and executing white-hat strategies that improve our search engine rankings.
- Plan keyword targeting and quarterly content calendars for our blogs, YouTube channel and social media accounts. Ensure that content is published on time. Monitor and iterate on those calendars based on the results produced.
- Plan routine content decay updates to our pillar articles to ensure we maintain or improve our positions.
- Ensure we’re maximizing resources by repurposing existing content.
- Provide compassionate but direct copywriting feedback to writers, social media, and video producers.
- Design and implement website A/B tests to improve search engine rankings and conversion rates.
- Collaborate with Growth, Product and Customer Success leaders on high visibility promotions across all digital marketing channels.
- Research competitors and content marketing trends, and work with your team to articulate new features / ideas that will help us remain competitive.
- Proactively educate your team on ways to improve as writers, content producers and search analysts.
- Help our team craft better internal processes and systems by documenting the work of the Organic Content Marketing team.
- Minimum 3 years of hands-on experience growing organic for a 7-figure SaaS or eCommerce store, by leveraging all the available digital marketing channels at scale.
- At least 2 year team management experience in a remote, global environment. It’s very important that you understand how to manage a team remotely, and asynchronously as much as possible.
- Expert with Google Analytics 3, and have already a solid understanding of the changes coming in Google Analytics 4.
- Strong understanding of how to utilize tools like SEMRush, Clearscope, Ahrefs to plan, monitor and improve search engine rankings.
- Ability to communicate effectively with developers, writers, customer success, and various other business stakeholders.
- Near native fluency in English.
- Should have a passion for e-commerce, digital marketing and small business.
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and write alongside your team, if needed.
Working for a fast-growing bootstrapped company is a rare opportunity, one we consider a lifestyle choice rather than a job choice. Our positions are challenging, but also come with amazing advantages and fulfillment to those who earn them. Here’s what we offer.
- Competitive Salary.
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance benefits for full-time U.S. employees.
- Health Insurance benefits for all employees in India, Pakistan, Brazil, and Ukraine.
- Work from your home. We’re spread out all over the world – United States, Canada, Ukraine, India, Pakistan, Singapore and more.
- Unlimited PTO after 90 days of employment. We encourage employees to take the time they need for vacation, to stay healthy, and to spend time with friends and family.
- Paid maternity and paternity leave.
- We happily provide or reimburse software you’ll need as well as books or courses that promote continued learning.
- We give you the opportunity to solve challenging and meaningful problems that make a difference.
- Technology stipend each work anniversary – including a new laptop to celebrate 5 year anniversary with the company.
- We cover all costs of company travel (including our annual all-company retreat and mini-team meetups).
- Ability to work with some of the best people in the business through frequent, if not daily, interactions.
- And in case you were wondering: no politics, no b.s., and no jerks.
Want to find out even more about Awesome Motive? Be sure to take a look at our About and Contributions pages for details on how Awesome Motive has continued to evolve in order to best help small businesses grow and compete with the big guys, and how we strive to give back.
This is a remote position – our team is spread around the globe! Our home base is in Florida, USA, so company operating hours are 9am – 5pm ET (UTC -5). While full coverage is not a requirement, you must be available during a portion of the day.
At Awesome Motive, we strive to have the broadest possible view of diversity, going beyond visible differences to include the background, experiences, skills, and perspectives that make each person unique. Awesome Motive is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
How to apply?
If all of this sounds interesting, then please submit your application!
Please clearly include the following in your cover letter:
- Be sure to include at least three examples of your measurable accomplishments in organic content marketing.
Also note, don’t forget to proofread before submitting. Check spelling, capitalization, etc. This is your chance to make your application stand out.
We won’t be able to individually respond to all applications, but if we feel you’re a strong match, someone will be in touch shortly.
Thanks and we look forward to hearing from you!