Lyft (501+ Employees, 7% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
Lyft is looking for a Regulatory Compliance Paralegal to join its Compliance team, which is positioned in Lyft’s Legal Department. Lyft’s Compliance team is responsible for understanding, communicating, and fulfilling Lyft’s regulatory requirements. As a Paralegal, you will assist Lyft’s Compliance staff in ensuring Lyft’s regulatory processes run smoothly and efficiently across various lines of business. You are a self-starter with a positive attitude who takes ownership of projects and works collaboratively with others. You will report to Lyft’s Counsel, Regulatory Compliance or Senior Manager, Regulatory Compliance.
- Coordinate filings with state and local regulators, including
- Review data requests, prepare responses and reports, coordinate document collection and production and manage follow up inquiries
- Process pleadings and correspondence
- Ensure that all of Lyft’s licenses and permits remain valid and up to date
- Handle administrative task including coordinating payment of invoices and citations, maintain and update document repositories, reference manuals and resource materials
- Manage day-to-day calendaring and docketing of deadlines
- Assist team members with issues, questions and research related to licensing and other compliance issues
- Bachelor’s degree or 2-3+ years of relevant paralegal or regulatory administrative experience
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Exceptionally organized, detail oriented, and efficient
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and respond quickly to changing priorities
- Appreciates and thrives in a fast-pace environment
- Preferred experience in legal research and cite-checking formal pleadings
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- Family building benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink – Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Until further notice, Lyft employees working in the United States and Canada in any capacity (on a daily or hybrid schedule, remote, or as a visitor) are required to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated and up to date against COVID-19. Fully vaccinated and up to date means an employee has: 1) received all recommended doses in a primary series of COVID-19 vaccine; and 2) either has received a booster dose or is not yet eligible to receive a booster dose but will do so when eligible. Lyft will maintain records associated with your vaccination history in a way that is compliant with all relevant Federal, state and local laws. Exceptions to this requirement are employees who require religious or medical exemption as approved through Lyft’s accommodations process. New employees must provide proof of full vaccination or receive an accommodation exception approval prior to their start date.
This role is work-from-anywhere, excluding the following states and territory: Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Iowa, Kansas, Maine, Mississippi, Nebraska, New Hampshire, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Dakota, West Virginia, Wyoming, Puerto Rico
For candidates living in Colorado the expected base pay range is $64,000-$70,000 and depending on a variety of non-discriminatory factors, including qualifications, experience and geographic location.