Thinkific / Thinktific (201-500 Employees, 294% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Thinkific is a software platform that gives anyone, anywhere the ability to easily create, market, and sell their own online courses. We believe in impactful and innovative work: our team of 400+ Thinkers is building and expanding an incredible product that empowers creators around the globe while working collaboratively to learn, grow, and succeed together. Join us to see how we’re building one of the best workplaces in Canadian tech!
We believe every candidate should have a fair, inclusive, and overall great experience when exploring a new role with Thinkific. That starts with outlining our hiring process so you know what to expect every step of the way—click here to learn more: https://thnk.cc/whattoexpect
Do you know how to navigate securities, reporting, and filing obligations for public companies like the back of your hand? We’re looking for a Paralegal to join us at Thinkific.
At Thinkific’s Paralegal you will help prepare corporate documents for and liaise with the board of directors and board committees. This role reports into Thinkfic’s Legal Counsel, who is responsible for ensuring Thinkific’s compliance with all applicable laws, including its obligations under securities legislation. Thinkific recently crossed a major milestone in its history when it went public a year ago—we’re looking for someone who has experience working in a public company in a securities paralegal position!
Your goal will be to support the Legal department and Thinkific’s CFO! Here’s how you’ll accomplish this:
- Plan, prepare, complete, and assist in the management of securities filings and related matters, including electronic filings made through the following systems: SEDAR/SEDI, BCSC eServices, OSC’s Electronic Filing Portal, TSX Securefile, Canadian Securities Exchange, CDS – CUSIP Applications
- Work with the Legal team to draft routine securities filings and continuous disclosure documents, including: Material Change Reports, Early Warning Reports, AIFs, Management Information Circulars
- Play an active role in developing securities precedent documents and processes
- Assist with corporate projects, such as closing book library, electronic closing books, and precedent systems
- Help manage the Legal department’s documents and processes and provide EA duties with administrative support to Thinkific’s CFO
The person we have in mind likely:
- Has 7+ years experience as a securities paralegal
- Is highly detail-oriented with excellent spelling, grammar, and proof-reading skills
- Has a comprehensive understanding of Canadian securities legislation and regulations
- Can multitask, establish priorities, and work effectively under pressure
- Loves to learn and grow. They’ve found (and keep looking for) ways to level up their skills in this field, whether that’s through formal education, gaining professional experience, or maybe even building their own business
These things would also be nice, but we think you could learn them on the job:
- A certificate or diploma from an accredited Paralegal program
- Exceptional analytical, organizational, and project management skills
This is just our initial idea of who we’re looking for! At Thinkific, we know that people have unique career journeys. If your experience is close to what we’ve described but you feel that you might be missing a few of the requirements, please still apply! We’re also committed to providing a comfortable and accessible interview process for every candidate. If there are any accommodations our team can make throughout our hiring process (big or small), please let us know.
What you can expect if you join Thinkific:
- An amazing team of talented, passionate, and kind Thinkers. Together, we’ve built an amazing culture—we’re one of the Best Workplaces in Canada and a Top Small & Medium Employer!
- The chance to build, improve, and innovate on a platform that’s driving positive impact—we already support 50,000+ active creators in over 165 countries.
- A competitive compensation package. This includes your base salary, equity, and an Employee Share Purchase Plan, on top of some great perks.
- Comprehensive benefits starting on Day 1. We have health, vision, and dental coverage for you and your family, plus $3000 for mental health care and a health or personal spending account.
- A flexible work environment—choose to work from home, at our Vancouver HQ, a co-working space, or anywhere there’s wifi for a change of scenery.
- An open vacation policy and flexible work environment. Our team takes a minimum of 4 weeks vacation each year and makes work fit into their lives (not the other way around).
- Career growth. We put an emphasis on your development with our annual Learn and Grow fund, training, mentorship, coaching, and internal promotion opportunities.
- A home office setup. You’ll be ready to succeed with a company-owned Macbook Pro and a budget to get a desk, chair, or any accessories to help you work comfortably and productively.
- Generous parental leave top-ups for up to 32 weeks, as well as fertility coverage through our group benefits plan.
- A place where you can bring your whole self to work. We know that different perspectives lead to amazing ideas, more innovation, and, ultimately, our success as a company. We welcome applicants of all backgrounds, experiences, beliefs, identities, and statuses. Whoever you are—we can’t wait to meet you!