Replit (11-50 Employees, 600% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Computers are the most powerful tools to exist in the history of humanity. Today, only a relative few—professional software developers—can use this superpower to its fullest extent. This has created an unbalanced world where there are programmers and those who consume their programs. Replit is changing that dynamic by bringing the next billion software creators online.
Read more about how we operate here and about our business and how we’ll achieve our mission here. We recently raised our Series B, have 10M+ users who’ve created 20M+ apps, and are growing rapidly and globally. We’re backed by Coatue, Y Combinator, Andreessen Horowitz, and other top investors. We’re remote friendly (overlap with 10am-2pm pacific).
We are looking for a talented and creative lead to build and grow our partnerships and BD function at Replit. As Replit’s first Head of Partnerships, you will play a key role at Replit by forging and managing strategic partnerships. This is a zero-1 role with significant impact, working hand in hand with engineering, product, growth, and other teams. This role has two parts.
Inbound partnerships – bringing technology in to make Replit products and services better, smoother, faster, and stickier. We’re aiming to give developers powerful primitive they can build on, anywhere, anytime. This can be everything from AI capabilities, to the ability to monetize, to database or other tools.
Outbound (supporting growth) – defining, creating, and growing our ecosystem of partnerships outbound, including getting Replit on other surfaces and in the hands of partners reaching people learning to code, and working closing with growth, marketing, product and other teams. You’ll source and run deals and manage relationships end to end for marketing, distribution, hackathons, and other areas to serve the business. Big variety and possibility here – and defining that is part of this role.
This is not a typical plug-and-play, here go run this playbook BD role that you might see at a company farther along in its journey. We want to get there — and serving 1 billion developers will require it – but this role is building that initial foundation. The ideal candidate will be someone who is deeply excited about this space, passionate about growing the company and business and knows tech well enough to figure out how we’ll create and grow an ecosystem within it.
Things You’ll Do
- Identify and build a pipeline of qualified partners, including by understanding engineering and product needs as well as our business direction and thinking on commercialization
- Lead and manage new partner cycle, from initial conversations through ongoing collaboration
- Develop value justification, collaboration models, and business cases
- Developing and executing the strategic business development plan to help drive customer adoption and growth
- Be the contact and lead for existing partner relationships and needs across the business.
- 8-10+ years of relevant work experience (partnerships, business development, strategy, emerging technologies)
- Extreme ownership, extreme smarts – able to navigate ambiguity by applying structure and principles and distilling to the essence for concise presentations and decisions
- Strong negotiator
- Experience with technology licensing, including in complex spaces (open source experience a plus)
- Excellent communication skills and ability to interact with technical folks and hold your own
- Strategic and excited about a zero-to-one role helping defining partnership strategy with internal teams
- Strong analytical skills
- MBA a plus
- International experience particularly in Replit’s fast growing geographies like India a plus