HubSpot is developing a game-changing commerce and payments solution to enable our customers to get paid faster and easier, while creating a better buying experience for their customers. This solution will be fully integrated with the existing tools that make up HubSpot’s CRM platform.
To ensure the success of our payments offering, HubSpot is seeking an experienced payments underwriting & risk analyst to join our team. The underwriting and risk analyst will play a critical role in delivering a great experience for our customers while protecting HubSpot from financial losses associated with the payment processing activity of those customers. This role will conduct credit analysis on prospective and existing users of our payments offering, monitor all merchant accounts and review daily reports to identify potential fraud or credit risk situations.
In this role, you will get to:
- Monitor merchant accounts to identify potentially fraudulent activity, and make decisions on when to hold funds and close accounts
- Conduct investigations into accounts that present fraud or risk exposure to HubSpot, and make credit decisions based on the information reviewed
- Review all incoming chargebacks and assist merchants with filling rebuttals
- Gather and interpret data from credit reports, tax returns, financial statements and other documentation
- Identify patterns and trends to prevent fraud or future losses
- Engage with merchants to collect negative balances
We’re looking for someone who is:
- Calm during escalated situations, and can diffuse an escalated situation
- Empathetic to the needs and challenges of our merchants
- Decisive, yet open to continual learning
- Comfortable interacting directly with our merchants and payment processing partners
- Strong at time management, able to multitask and prioritize tasks appropriately
- Detail orientated
We’re seeking someone with:
- Experience in merchant underwriting and risk with a merchant processor, payment facilitator, SaaS provider or fintech company
- Understanding of know-your-customer (KYC) requirements, tools and best practices
- Knowledge of both consumer (B2C) and commercial (B2B) payments
- Familiar with a variety of online payments methods, including debit cards, credit cards, ACH and international payments
- Experience working with Stripe’s Connect platform is a plus
HubSpot (NYSE: HUBS) is a leading customer relationship management (CRM) platform that provides software and support to help businesses grow better. We build marketing, sales, service, and website management products that start free and scale to meet our customers’ needs at any stage of growth. We’re also building a company culture that empowers people to do their best work through. If that sounds like something you’d like to be part of, we’d love to hear from you.
You can find out more about our company culture in the HubSpot Culture Code, which has more than 5M views, and learn about our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, too. Thanks to the work of every employee globally, HubSpot was named the #4 Best Place to Work on Glassdoor in 2021, and has been recognized for award-winning culture by Great Place to Work, Comparably, Fortune, Entrepreneur, Inc., and more.
Headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, HubSpot was founded in 2006. Today, thousands of employees work across the globe in HubSpot offices and remotely. Visit our careers website to learn more about culture and opportunities at HubSpot.
By submitting your application, you agree that HubSpot may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. HubSpot’s Privacy Notice explains what personal information we may process, where we may process your personal information, our purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over HubSpot’s use of your personal information.