BentoBox empowers restaurants to own their presence, profits, and relationships. The Hospitality platform disrupts third-party services that come between the restaurant and the guest. BentoBox puts the restaurant first and offers tools that drive high-margin revenue directly through the restaurant’s website. BentoBox is trusted and loved by over 7,000 restaurants worldwide including Union Square Hospitality Group, Eleven Madison Park, The Meatball Shop, Rose’s Luxury and more. Learn more at www.getbento.com.
The Payroll Specialist will have responsibility over payroll at BentoBox. Reporting to the People Operations Manager, this individual will be the primary admin for our payroll system called Traxpayroll. Your primary responsibility will be to oversee salary changes, compensations, deductions, bonus, vacations payouts, and all BentoBox employees.
- Own the collection, analysis and submission for all payroll in TRAXPayroll
- Partner with the Finance Team to ensure payroll accuracy for exempt and non-exempts employees
- Ensure getbento.com is registered to perform business in the states where employees are hired and in compliance with federal and state laws
- Own the payroll set-up for new hires to reflect all appropriate taxes and total benefits enrolled
- Manage all necessary pay requirements for terminated/exiting employees to adhere to state and federal requirements
- Assist in tax calculations and filing activities as per IRS regulations
- Maintain employee payroll records and timesheet data for future references
- Handle direct deposit requests, wage garnishments, and pay related data in our HRIS and payroll systems
- Analyze payroll issues and recommend corrective actions to People Operations and Finance teams
- Partner with People team when making adjustments in pay for raises, bonuses and commissions
- Respond to payroll queries from employees in a timely manner
Skills and Attributes
- 4+ years of experience managing payroll for over 150 employees
- Knowledge of state and federal employment laws and regulations, specifically relating to payroll and cash/non-cash compensation
- Has a great command in taxation and accounting
- Impeccable organizational and documentation skills
- Great communication skills, a high degree of integrity, and a positive attitude as pay is an important factor in employee satisfaction
What We Offer
- Competitive salary + equity
- Health insurance (medical, dental, and vision) – BentoBox covers 100% of healthcare premium costs
- 401k plan with company match
- Life insurance and disability plans
- Commuter benefits
- Flexible vacation plan
- Paid parental leave
- Professional development opportunities, including a yearly learning stipend
- Perks when dining with BentoBox customers such as tip reimbursement
- Making a positive impact on the hospitality community
BentoBox is committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
BentoBox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.