ADL Accountants (, 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
This is a remote position.
We are hiring a Payroll Specialist to join our fully remote team. We have 30+ account specialists and tax experts working remotely in the United States. This is an extraordinary opportunity for a detail-oriented payroll specialist that gets excited about ensuring paychecks are delivered flawlessly every payday and loves perfecting the on/off-boarding process.
Don’t waste valuable time doing nothing when you can use your extra time to earn extra money. This is an opportunity that gives you the flexibility to work when you want.
We are looking for accounts professionals that want to optimize our payroll and on-off-boarding processes by joining our growing remote accountants and tax experts in the country. We bring together the brightest minds from business accounting to finance and beyond. Passionate and unapologetic in applying our unique perspectives, we deliver results that shape the industry and define careers.
We embrace bold ideas and seize opportunities others don’t, from the way we operate to the strategies we deploy.
With a bias for action, our work goes into the market quickly. That’s because when solving life problems, we must operate in real time. The financial markets provide immediate feedback that propels our cycle of learning and impact.
Our relentless focus on innovation raises the bar for what’s possible. That’s as true for our work in the industry as it is for your career. It’s our collective intellect, skill and ambition that allow us to achieve far more together than we ever could on our own.
We are seeking a Payroll Specialist to work with our business clients. This is a work-remote position, where the ideal candidate must have experience with processing payroll for our business clients in a variety of industries and states.
The role of the Payroll Specialist is to produce the payroll for our clients; acting as their agent for payroll-related processing and provide consultation to clients as needed. You will be responsible processing multiple client employee payroll to include, but not limited to, payroll account code set up, voluntary deductions, tax withholdings, and hours worked to ensure client payroll cycles are processed timely and accurately.
- Produce timely and accurate payroll- includes all interface and payroll processing activities.
- Set up and maintain payroll accounts for respective clients using ADP workforce, Paychex or any other payroll provider out there.
- Processes payroll distribution, direct deposits, and retroactive payments.
- Maintain client payroll procedure manuals and business process documents.
- Ensure quality controls in the payroll process and update documentation- includes reconciliation of results and audit checks.
- Print and distribute paychecks prior to payday
- Provides information to employees and managers on payroll matters, tax issues, benefit plans, and collective agreement provisions.
- Highlight and escalate relevant matters that may impact the running of client payrolls.
- Conduct timely and accurate processing of cyclical events including month-end, QTR-end, and year-end activities. Balance client data for QTR and Year end.
- Demonstrates integrity, ethics, accountability, responsibility, initiative, and teamwork at all times.
- Performs all assigned job duties in accordance with Company policies, procedures, and standard practices.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- 2-5 Years of experience working in the same or similar capacity handling a high volume of payroll transactional related activity is required. You’ll facilitate salary and commissioned-based payroll, enroll people into benefits and 401K programs.
- Experience working for a PEO or equivalent (like processing multiple payrolls for an accounting firm)
- Ethics – Displays the highest levels of integrity, honesty, respect, and sound judgment always.
- Accountability – Takes ownership of own actions, decisions and contributions as an individual contributor and team member within the organization.
- Results Driven – Displays behaviors and work ethics that are bottom-line oriented and demonstrates consistency in producing results that support the business goals and objectives.
- Customer Service Orientation – Provides helpful, courteous, accessible, responsive, and knowledgeable client centric support to all internal and external clients.
- Knowledge of Year-End processing requirements for multiple states, CPA certifications is considered an asset.
- Strong interpersonal skills to handle sensitive situations and confidential information.
- Proficient with word and excel.
- Advanced client service skills both written and oral.
- Ability to analyze problems through effective customer interaction and communication.
- Ability to work under time constraints to ensure deadlines are met.
- Experience with SAP Payroll highly desired; degree preferred.
- Proven capability in effectively managing and meeting client expectations.
- Strong self-initiative and highly motivated individual.
- The ability to work flexible hours maybe required.