Grip (51-200 Employees, 356% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Grip is AI powered event networking solution that empowers professionals to achieve their maximum networking potential at events.
Who are we?
At Grip, we’re passionate about bringing professionals together to move markets forward faster. Our leading Market Engagement Platform for Event Organisers enables our clients to create Virtual, Hybrid, and Live event experiences in a single solution. Making it easier for event participants to connect, engage and do business.
Grip works with 12 out of 20 of the largest Event Organisers globally and is known for its leading AI-powered matchmaking engine, used to establish millions of valuable connections at thousands of events. As a multi-award-winning global leader in AI-powered tech, we pride ourselves on being real innovators in the event tech space.
Grip recently completed a $13M Series A funding round led by Kennet Partners, a well-known London-based VC Fund. Other investors at Grip include leading entrepreneurs Brent Hoberman (CEO and Founder at Lastminute.com, Made.com, Founders Factory), Arnaud Massenet (Co-Founder at Net-a-Porter), and Jeremy Roche (FinancialForce, Unit4).
About the position:
This is a wonderful opportunity for the right person to help build out the People Function from the ground up into something that is scalable, kind and ambitious – just like our Grippers!
Reporting to the Head of People (Abby!), and working closely with other teams, you will be responsible for developing and maintaining an exceptional employee experience which allows the hiring, keeping & growing of top talent in the business, ensuring the right environment (development and culture) is in place in order for people to thrive in our growing business.
- Provide first point of contact for HR queries across the business and general advice where necessary
- Promote open communication and build strong relationships across the business
- Work closely with the Head of People to create, communicate and monitor policies and processes in line with current legislation, best practice and Grip fit
- Be responsible for ensuring that all payroll data is accurate and submitted according to payroll cut off dates for the UK, US and Serbia
- Ensure that the HRIS is updated regularly in line with any people changes
- Work closely with the Head of People to promote positive company culture and open communications, including organising and evaluating regular feedback systems
- Work with the Social Squad to organise, run and host company social events
- Support recruitment efforts of wider team and act as the primary point of contact for all activities, including arranging interviews, assessments, collating and providing feedback to candidates
- Monitor, review and communicate information on all hiring activities using systems available
- Work with hiring managers to ensure offer and contract paperwork is completed in a timely way
- Ensure all new joiners are equipped with the optimum information, support and access to allow for a frictionless onboarding process
- Own the onboarding process end to end
- Ensure all teams contribute and deliver their part in ensuring a smooth onboarding for new employees
- Learning and Development
- Work with the Head of People to implement a performance management process
- Support the administration of general and ad hoc training needs
- Organise team/ company wide learning events as required
Experience and Skills
- Interest in / working towards CIPD qualification/QBE (Qualified By Experience)
- Knowledge of current and best practice employment
- Knowledge of current HR trends and their impact on the employee experience – if you have read about Agile HR practices and like what you have read that’s amazing!
- Knowledge of legislative practices which cover employment
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong problem solving and creative skills
- Strong relationship building skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong communication skills: listening, verbal and written
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to work as a team
- Ability to be proactive
- Previous experience of working in an HR team or stand alone HR role (ideally in a tech company)
- A world-class team of sales, operations and engineering
- Rare opportunity to grow with the company and take the lead in shaping an entire industry’s use of technology
- Kind, fun and ambitious company culture
Your Career Path
People Operations at Grip is vast! There are many paths to choose from; SME, Generalist, Business Partner, People Manager to name a few. We are a startup and building out a People function will bring you lots of opportunities to develop your skills in any or all of these areas.
The successful candidate will have regular 1:1s with Abby and career plans and paths will be a regular agenda item.