GridMatrix (1-10 Employees, N/A 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Cities globally are undergoing a transformation ushered in by advances across electric, autonomous, connected, and shared mobility technologies. These advances are both challenges and opportunities that cities must embrace to realize their most important goals. Cities are already implementing the digital infrastructure required to reduce their carbon footprints at a gigaton scale, put essential services within 15 minutes of every resident, and boost their economic competitiveness.
At GridMatrix, we are the market-leading builders of this next-generation digital infrastructure. Our solutions are accelerating adoption and progress across each of these verticals in cities around the world. We’re a fast growing startup working with cities globally and making them more efficient, safer, and sustainable. Our data is already employed to mitigate emissions from millions of vehicles, detect traffic accidents and road hazards in real time, and fuse data from hundreds of edge sensors with petabyte-scale cloud data. We’re backed by leading VCs like 8VC & Cota Capital, and we know it’s just the beginning.
GridMatrix was co-founded in 2021 by a group of former Apple engineering and operations colleagues. The GridMatrix team brings over 100 years of experience and 22 patents in both hardware and software product development to the company’s solutions, gained from America’s leading technology companies and government agencies like NASA, Apple, Amazon, and Google. This is a team of builders and makers that knows how to ship category-defining products that billions of people use every day.
The Perception/Senior Perception engineer will work closely with GridMatrix’s data science, cloud engineering, and UI engineering SMEs to build and deploy cloud based machine vision models. Primary responsibilities include fusing inputs from multiple edge sensors, curating training data, and tuning new models to maximize both model performance and scalability.
- Experience developing/training machine vision algorithms
- Experience with YOLOV5/6/NVIDIA TAO
- Custom model training/development
- Applied deep & reinforcement learning
- Experience with synthetic training data
- Experience with data set curation
- Experience fusing input from multiple sensors to improve detection and classification accuracy
- Experience with LiDAR/point cloud data
- Experience deploying machine vision models in an AWS cloud environment
- Image pre-processing
- Experience with satellite image data
Project Management Skills
- Bias for action
- Deadlines matter
- Reporting and communication matter
People Management Skills
- Coordinating contract engineers with internal technical staff and managing responsibilities to execute effectively
- Cross-functional support and interface, can supply written content to support grants, RFPs, etc.
- Wants to build a market leading product
- Results orientation – can always answer “so what” when they’re done
- Mission driven for impact, cares about building something for everyone
- Lifelong learning mentality
- BA/BS in an analytical discipline
- MS in mathematics, computer science, data science, or equivalent work exp.
- 2-4+ YOE as a perception engineer in the following areas: autonomous vehicles or delivery, IoT, just-walk-out shopping, industrial automation, mapping, robotics
- Position Type: Full-time, salaried
- Location: SF, NYC, fully-remote
- Sponsored: No
- Equity: Eligible
- Benefits: Unlimited PTO, 401K matching, medical, dental, vision, life insurance
- Travel: Domestic & International 0-25%
GridMatrix provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.