Resilia (51-200 Employees, 233% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Resilia is a fast growing, venture backed, mission-driven SaaS startup powering a digital transformation in the nonprofit sector. Our mission is to strengthen nonprofit capacity and help grantors scale impact through data-driven technology solutions. Resilia’s three SaaS-based products help nonprofits achieve tax exempt status, build capacity in pursuit of becoming high performing organizations, while enabling corporations and foundations to support nonprofits beyond grant awards. As a company, Resilia was named 2022 Best Tech Startup in New Orleans, a Rising Star on the 2020 Forbes Cloud 100 list, VentureBeat's Companies to Watch list and Sevetri Wilson, Resilia’s Founder and CEO, has been recognized in Inc Magazine's 100 Women Building America's Most Innovative Companies and Pitchbook's top Black Tech Leaders list. For more information visit resilia.com.
This a remote role with the requirement to be located in the South (Georgia, Louisiana, Texas, Florida, etc). This role may require occasional travel, including to Resilia’s New York and New Orleans offices for collaborative such as team retreats and gatherings. #LI-Remote
Every nonprofit is unique and so are their capacity needs. Yet they find it difficult to access capacity building solutions that meet them where they are. Resilia’s mission is to strengthen and uplift nonprofit organizations by elevating their stories, driving advocacy efforts, and prioritizing those that are underserved through long-term capacity building. We serve nonprofits, foundations, corporations, governments, and other grantmakers, centered on trust-based philanthropy principles and meeting changemakers where they are.
Resilia’s three Software-as-a-Services products are designed with a human touch.
- Nonprofit Formation – Empowers brand-new nonprofits to achieve tax exempt status while enabling annual compliance.
- Nonprofit Platform – Provides capacity building support in fundraising, board management, program management and the collection of data.
- Funder Program – Sponsored by grantmakers (foundations, governments, corporations), nonprofits are able to build mission-facing and back office capacity in a manner that best suits them. Resilia’s Funder Program meets nonprofits where they are through a combination of an online platform, 1:1 nonprofit coaching and peer-to-peer learning.
With a first-to-market solution and a team of builders with extensive startup, nonprofit, and corporate experiences, Resilia is well poised to democratize technology in order to solve some of the social good sector’s biggest legacy challenges, while re-defining the notion of technology for good.
About the role
The Philanthropic Partnerships Manager plays a critical role in carrying out Resilia’s mission and strategic goals, acting as a trusted advisor for funders and partner nonprofit organizations (grantees).
You are the guiding relationship for funders and grantees throughout their Resilia experience, ensuring that they find value in Resilia’s program and product. You will steward and own relationships with grantees and grantmakers alike.
Your in-depth nonprofit expertise allows you to serve as a trusted coach to various nonprofit customers, spanning different mission areas, who are looking to build their capacity. You are comfortable speaking with high-level decision makers in the philanthropic space, such as program officers and executive directors of grantmakers, and able to confidently serve as a trusted coach to nonprofits seeking to deepen their impact.
Your on-the-ground nonprofit experience includes experience in fundraising and development, among other facets of nonprofit management: for example, you have personally solicited donations, written grants, or served a similar function in a philanthropic capacity as a grants manager or program officer. At Resilia, you will manage relationships with grantmakers who sponsor Resilia for their portfolio of grantees.
You’ve had a tremendous impact on your current and past organizations – and Resilia is your opportunity to work with hundreds of nonprofit organizations, expanding their wingspan by adding your expertise and support.
Our ideal candidate is a service-oriented self-starter with fundraising or philanthropy experience, combined with deep nonprofit expertise. The candidate should have impeccable communication and organizational skills with an eye for detail and process improvement. This role reports into the Director of Partnerships Success.
What you will do
- Develop and manage relationships with funders (e.g. Foundations, Corporate CSR) for ongoing program delivery
- Serve as the primary contact for new funders who have purchased the Resilia Funder platform for their grantee organizations (e.g. introductory calls, product demos, expectations setting and management)
- Engage in renewal and expansion discussions with funders
- Become an expert of Resilia’s platform and capacity-building tools and resources
- Lead 1:1 coaching sessions with nonprofit users regarding their challenges in order to provide expert support (sample topics may include board engagement or implementing DEI strategies)
- Onboard new customers, helping them navigate Resilia’s online platform and drive platform adoption
- Lead group onboarding sessions and workshops with nonprofit customers regarding Resilia’s capacity-building resources and platform features
- Monitor platform adoption and prepare detailed reports to funders on measurable items, such as milestones and deliverables
- Serve as the “voice of the customer” in collaboration with the Product Development and Engineering teams to ensure that the platform technology translates to an exceptional customer experience; for example, you might participate in designing a course for nonprofit users or creating a budget template
- Communicate proactively and cross-functionally to provide encouragement, identify problems, create solutions, and implement process improvements
- Minimum of 5 years of nonprofit experience in institutional fundraising and/or philanthropy (e.g. Program Officer, Program Manager, Development Director, Institutional Giving Manager)
- Ability to confidently present to various stakeholders including customers, team members and leadership
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to collaborate and support various stakeholders including those with different backgrounds, life experiences and expertise
- Self-starter with a high level of intellectual curiosity that executes independently and takes incredible pride in their work; willingness and ability to learn new concepts
- Excited about working with customers and providing an exceptional support experience
- Motivated and comfortable in a fast-paced startup environment
- Prior experience with project management and CRM
Compensation & Benefits
Why Resilia? Resilia powers the people changing the world.
Resilia is an inclusive and welcoming workplace where our team thrives on collaboration, creativity, innovation, and fun. We are proud to offer competitive salary commensurate with experience and excellent benefits including unlimited PTO, paid parental leave, medical, dental, vision and life insurance, a 401k program, mental health support, a healthcare advocate, short-term disability, and commuter benefits, with potential for equity stake in a fast growing company.
Resilia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of an individual's sex, age, race, color, creed, national origin, alienage, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation or affectional preference, gender identity and expression, disability, genetic trait or predisposition, carrier status, citizenship, veteran or military status and other personal characteristics protected by law. All applications will receive