FileCloud (51-200 Employees, 54% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Hyper-Secure Content Collaboration. Simplified.
FileCloud (based in Austin, Texas) is looking for a PHP Backend Developer to expand our product line. As part of the server team, you will be responsible for developing server-side functionality and building scalable cloud-based services. This is a full-time, 100% remote position for a mid-level or senior developer.
About the Product & Company
FileCloud is the fastest-growing Enterprise File Share and Sync (EFSS) solution in the industry, with over one million users worldwide. Our products are used by many global 2000 and Fortune 500 companies and world-leading public sector organizations.
FileCloud recently closed a $30 million Series A investment led by Savant Growth to address the growing demand for enterprise security, compliance, and workflow automation. We are currently expanding our team as we grow and improve FileCloud.
- Create elegant, efficient and maintainable software to support and extend our current software products
- Use tools including AWS/AZURE, GIT, Memcache, code reviews, PHPUnit, Solr, MongoDB, VueJS, and Jenkins on projects
- Solve complex architectural challenges when implementing new features
- Integrate with databases, file systems, cloud services when delivering solutions
- Troubleshoot and fix reported customer issues, delivering software patches as needed
- Share your knowledge and experience with other engineers
- 4+ years of professional software engineering experience
- 3+ years of experience in web app development
- 3+ years in PHP development
- Strong knowledge of the following:
- Automation testing
- Client server architecture is required
- Object-oriented programming and design patterns
- PHP ecosystems (PHP 7.2+ experience, Composer, PHPUnit)
- Web technologies including HTTP protocol, XML, REST
- Highly proficient in spoken and written English with strong communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related discipline
- Knowledge of modern PHP frameworks
- Experience in enterprise system’s architecture (Architecture Patterns, Eventing, Queues)
- Familiarity with SQL/NoSQL databases like MongoDB and their declarative query languages
- Knowledge of CI/CD (Jenkins preferred), Docker, SOLR, Redis
- A globally distributed team of passionate people committed to personal growth and development of our products
- Dedicated time for training and education opportunities
- A mentorship model wherein your mentor and team support your development
- A competitive salary with an annual bonus
- Full-time, fully remote work with flexible working hours
- 25 days of paid time-off plus 5 company-wide holidays
- Reimbursement of hardware, monthly internet connection cost, and weekly lunch
- Company meet-ups in places around the world
Location: Remote. Compensation: Based on experience. If you are interested, please send your resume to [email protected]. Please note the Job ID: FSE4 in the email subject.