Curated (201-500 Employees, 228% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Curated, an e-commerce site where you shop with an expert, is seeking a Video Editor to edit videos hosted by our Ski, Snowboard, and Golf experts.
We're a dynamic startup humanizing the online shopping experience, and our content channels are rapidly growing.
As an editor, you will create engaging content that resonates with our audiences across platforms. Your focus will primarily be on Youtube content (long-form/shorts), with occasional short-form, and vertical video initiatives. You will optimize the viewers' experience of every video (storyline, composition, shot selection, music, pacing, transitions), while following story structure and script guides.
- Daily editing (start to finish) of branded content (long-form and short-form)
- Regularly collaborate and communicate with post-producers, creative strategists, and other team members (as needed)
- Implement changes to videos, initiate internal and expert team notes daily, in frame.io
- Ensure visual communication and brand standards are met
- Implement motion graphics templates in edits
- Backup of media projects to hard drives and creative cloud shared projects daily /as needed
- Quality check video exports before delivery/publishing
- Able to solve visual, audio, and technical footage issues as they arise (self-sufficient), but not afraid to ask questions or seek help when needed
- Make the most of existing footage to solve for missing assets as needed
- Color correct raw footage from a range of DSLR cameras
Needs & Requirements:
- A highly organized team player who's adaptable and able to shift gears to work on different priorities throughout the day
- Effective communicator, especially as it relates to project scope, setbacks, deliverables, and timelines
- Confidence in pulling the best video selects and appropriate music selects, with some initial guidance.
- Ability to take ownership of projects, solicit feedback, make adjustments as needed
- Knowledge of devices, frame rates, codecs, file formats, and cameras (DSLR)
- Energy, drive, passion, and enthusiasm to do and approach things with a sense of urgency
- Basic understanding of media storage, organization, and management practices relative to software, clouds, and hard drives
- Portfolio of work
- 2-3+ years of proven video editing experience. In-house agency, brand, performance marketing, or Youtube brand channel experience preferred
- Adobe Creative Suite experience
- Experience with large video pipelines, and dealing with DSLR and other alike footage types
- Meticulous attention to detail
- A craving for a fast-paced environment
- Passionate about creative: You LOVE video
- Naturally looks for ways to add to larger creative skillset
- Results-focused; excited to measure yourself on objective metrics
- Understanding of Youtube
- Interest and/or experience in Winter Sports (Skiing and Snowboarding), Golf, Fishing, Cycling, Tennis, Camping, or any outdoor sports is a plus!
If you are interested, please submit your resume and portfolio.
This is a temporary full-time position. Company benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, PTO, 401K, etc) will not be offered. Please note this position requires use of your personal laptop.
Curated was founded in 2017 with a mission to humanize online shopping. We’ve built a collaborative shopping experience brought to life with a community of passionate experts. Every shopper on Curated gets one-on-one personalized advice to find the right products for their needs so they can enjoy more of what they love.
Through our expert community, Curated has created a new type of knowledge-based work that enables people to earn meaningful income related to the activities and products they are passionate about, from anywhere.
Backed by Forerunner Ventures, Greylock, and Capital G, the company is growing fast. We currently specialize in outdoor sporting goods including skiing, snowboarding, golf, camping, cycling, fishing equipment with many new verticals coming soon!
We want to help you maximize your potential, both in your career and your extracurriculars. Full-time employees at Curated get comprehensive healthcare, generous paid time off, significant discounts on the best gear out there, and even a 401(k). We believe that you’ll do your best work when you feel included, valued, and equal. See all our perks and benefits here.