Kraken / Kraken Digital Asset Exchange / Kraken.com (201-500 Employees, 41% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
As one of the largest and most trusted digital asset platforms globally, we are empowering people to experience the life-changing potential of crypto.
Trusted by over 8 million consumer and pro traders, institutions, and authorities worldwide – our unique combination of products, services, and global expertise is helping tip the scales towards mass crypto adoption.
But we’re only just getting started. We want to be pioneers in crypto and add value to the everyday lives of billions.
Kraken is backed by investors including, Money Partners Group, Hummingbird Ventures, Blockchain Capital, and Digital Currency Group, among others.
“We are empowering people to live simply, efficiently and more connected to others. We put our clients’ best interests first and foremost. They are at the heart of our company and drive everything we do. We believe in having a laser focus when pursuing our strategic goals and participate only in markets where we can make a significant contribution. We believe in complete transparency, deep collaboration and we never forget that people come first. Having this mindset allows us to grow and advance at a rate which others cannot.” Jesse Powell, CEO of Kraken
Did you know that Kraken is now over 2,500+ fully-remote people from around the world? And we’re hiring hundreds more in 2022 #werehiring #cryptocareers
About KrakenAs one of the largest and most trusted digital asset platforms globally, we are empowering people to experience the life-changing potential of crypto. Trusted by over 8 million consumer and pro traders, institutions, and authorities worldwide – our unique combination of products, services, and global expertise is helping tip the scales towards mass crypto adoption. But we’re only just getting started. We want to be pioneers in crypto and add value to the everyday lives of billions. Now is not the time to sit on the sidelines. Join us to bring crypto to the world.About the RoleAs a leading member of the Expansion Strategy and Analytics team, you will help build and develop the framework for Kraken’s expansion efforts. You will guide Kraken into the future through the insights you produce, as the company explores new opportunities and refines its key strategic priorities. Your day to day will entail analyzing emerging markets of interest, product initiatives, customer and usage metrics, KPIs, financials, strategic investments, and partnerships, all with a strategic lens to deliver results that are meaningful and actionable. We are looking for an individual with deep experience in a combination that includes standout product management, investment banking, or consulting, with a well-rounded understanding of business processes. You will use your high level of customer experience intuition, along with analytical skills, to tackle highly ambiguous problems with the goal of making Kraken the best possible platform for its clients. This team member will report to the Head of Expansion Strategy and Analytics. To be successful, you need to be comfortable solving problems that possess a high level of uncertainty. Additionally, you demonstrate an ability to bring simple yet scalable solutions to key stakeholders. You are a blend of scrappy, smart, and creative, and are obsessed with outcomes rather than output. You have an acute commercial sense, with an ability to understand and identify the strategic high ground for value creation. You constantly seek feedback and look to continuously refine your skills. You’re also a team player, with strong collaboration skills and an ability to deliver results in a fast-paced environment where professionalism, confidentiality, and communication are essential. You will also be a key leader, and serve as a mentor to more junior members of the team.
- Overall Expansion Strategy: Work closely with the Head of Expansion Strategy and Analytics, VP of Business Operations and Expansion, Head of Corporate Development, Head of Business Development, and other Functional Leaders to map out a clear path of strategic objectives, as well as a variety of execution options, to meet company-wide goals.
- Preparation: Set a cadence of foundational strategic analyses, coupled with rigor, principles, and tools, to yield key insights regarding the industry, customers, competitors, and opportunities.
- Metrics: Evaluate expansion options along various financial and strategic metrics, and track their results.
- Leadership: Bring a fulsome toolkit of strategy and analytical capabilities to share and implement, with a grounded, persuasive, authentic advocacy along with a creative and accountable mindset.
- Coaching: Share experiences and know-how eagerly, solicit from both internal and external sources perspectives on best practices.
- Problem-solving: Identify and anticipate roadblocks, figure out constructive solutions, and prioritize the right initiatives to create a portfolio of opportunities with high potential results.
- Tracking: Track, influence, and report workstream-by-workstream performance against key deliverables as well as status for the overall process to Functional Leaders, Executives, and the Board as needed.
- Communications: Convey in writing and in conversation concisely and clearly, so as to make complex problems and difficult decisions readily actionable by Executives.
- MBA preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field such as engineering, physics, mathematics, statistics, computer science or related field.
- 7+ years experience as a product manager at a high-growth technology based company, and/or extensive experience at a top tier consultancy or venture firm.
- Functional responsibilities likely include experience in Product Management, Corporate Strategy, Corporate Development, Business Development, or Business Operations.
- Familiarity with a wide set of strategic frameworks and first-hand experience in their tailored application, as well as a deep experience in analytical approaches to complex problems.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment where you tap into your resourceful, problem-solving nature, and be able to maintain a professional demeanor while working under pressure.
- Strong analytical, strategic, and innovation skills.
- Ability to deal with conflicting priorities with ease and confidently communicate with team members at all levels.
- Highly tech savvy with strong emphasis on cyber security and privacy.
- Self-starter, yet seek and enjoy the opportunity to collaborate with others.
- Detail oriented and analytical, with the ability to follow-through.
- Self-motivated and able to thrive in a result-driven environment with tight deadlines.
- Compassionate and caring to make the company culture and experience better for all team members.
Location Tagging: #US #CANADA #LI-RemoteWe’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique and diverse experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives, regardless of their background. As an equal opportunity employer we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws. Stay in the knowFollow us on TwitterCatch up on our blogFollow us on LinkedIn