Square (501+ Employees, 60% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Afterpay’s Principal Analyst is responsible for helping to lead a team to identify, model, understand and predict sales/customer/industry trends, provide insights supporting Afterpay NA Sales and Global leadership teams.
You will also analyze business performance in the competition, deliver data driven business insights for decision making, and provide insights on product features, customer behavior, and communicate findings with internal stakeholders and external clients.
You can think strategically and deep dive into data sets to deliver high level, or detailed well-structured models and analysis. You will succeed by combining analytical insight, technical proficiency, business acumen, and the ability to collaborate and influence your key partners and cross-functional teams.
- Work closely with Sales leaders to develop business strategies using internal and external data. Provide analytics support to discover, diagnose and predict business outcomes, articulate recommendations to business stakeholders.
- Develop an OKR tracking framework. Break down the business goals into actionable targets for different domains and operational teams. Work with the Sales and Global BI to deliver regular trading updates.
- Lead the team to build self-service tools for the Sales team to deliver regular business reviews with enterprise merchants. Understand business problems, conduct quantitative analysis and help Sales and Client Success team to translate data insights into narratives in the commercial context. Be personally involved in the commercial discussions with our critical client partners.
- Act as a subject expert in designing and recommending appropriate analytical approaches and methodology. Lead the new technology researches, tool and data source validation, and process automation to improve operational efficiency and quality.
- Explore ways to improve competitive analysis. Lead the data validation and vendor vetting. Develop third-party data strategy.
- Help actively recruit for the team. Contribute to training sessions, hold technical educational talks that reach beyond your immediate team.
- Have excellent business acumen skills. Good at strategic thinking and critical thinking. Have a proven history of supporting executives and Growth from an analytics domain.
- Stay current on data science trends and best practices. Influence and recommend changes to critical modelling/analytical methodologies, including but not limited to tagging, experimentation, forecasting. You use excellent professional judgement to make the correct decisions or recommendations based on data under ambiguity.
- Have the ability to coach, mentor, and develop technical and management talents. Have advanced analytic and programing (R/Python/SQL) skills and can write, troubleshoot, simplify and optimize complex queries and analytical tasks. Can automate complicated & repetitive tasks and can provide practical training to team members to drive efficiency.
- A fast learner. You can quickly develop deep knowledge about internal systems and processes across multiple domains and effectively influence the product/tech solutions that provide a solid data foundation for the team to build on.
- Typically has a master degree from quantitative fields with 8+ year relevant experience, or Ph.D degree from quantitative fields with 5+ year experience.
- Experience in e-commerce/FinTech/Sales Analytics is preferred.
- Take an active interest in the success of those around you. You’re seen as a thought leader and subject matter expert to more junior people on the team. People management experience is a plus.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.
We believe the economy is better when everyone has access. When everyone has room to grow. No one should be left out because the cost is too great or the technology too complex. So we’re building easy tools to empower and enrich people. Tools that shorten the distance between having an idea and making a living from it—because we believe in fair and square. We started with a little white card reader but haven’t stopped there. Our new reader helps our sellers accept chip cards and NFC payments, our Cash app lets people send money instantly, and we’re building easy tools for customers, too. We’re empowering the electrician to send invoices, setting up the food truck with a delivery option, helping the clothing boutique pay its employees, and giving the coffee chain capital for a second, third, and fourth location. We’re here to help sellers of all sizes start, run, and grow their business—and helping them grow their business is good business for everyone.