Billie (51-200 Employees, 59% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Hi! We are Billie, the leading provider of “Buy Now, Pay Later” (BNPL) payment methods for businesses, offering B2B companies innovative digital payment services and modern checkout solutions. We are here to transform and upgrade the operating system of B2B Payments. Thus, we enable businesses to pay and get paid on their own terms, having the same frictionless and flexible experience as consumers are used to nowadays. To do so, our solutions are based on proprietary, machine-learning-supported risk models, fully digitized processes and a highly scalable tech platform. This makes us a deep-tech company building financial products, not the other way around. We love building simple and elegant solutions and we strive for automation and scalability. Our vision to create new freedom through innovation has attracted exciting strategic partners and highly experienced investors, making us join forces with Klarna and securing an outstanding $100 million Series C funding round nearly quadrupling our previous valuation. Our investors include VCs such as Dawn Capital, Creandum, Picus and SpeedInvest.
Join us to create the future of B2B payments!
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Do you want to leave an indelible mark left on a hyper growth company for years to come?
Well, as a Principal Engineer in Billie you are helping to focus staff and senior staff engineers efforts across all of Billie’s engineering teams. As our organization expands, and complexity rises, we need to be constantly making tradeoffs. You will be expected to help do this against a backdrop of growing teams, international expansion, complex integrations, and new product offerings across the organization.
We have chosen domain driven design as our approach on how to split our folks up and give them focus, so we’d expect any potential Principal Engineer to have a deep understanding of this, and the XP methodologies needed to pull it off (such as TDD and pairing).
The tech organization is very aligned with our overall business goals, and works with OKRs so working collaboratively in a team environment is essential for success in this role. We operate a “you build it, you maintain it” approach to delivery, so also being the person to come to on architectural advice for security and scalability is also required.
Billie’s operating language is English, and this particular role reports directly into the CTO
OUR TECH STACK:
Billie is moving fast towards a microservice architecture using multiple programming languages. The services talk to each other using REST, RabbitMQ and GraphQL. Data is stored in MySQL and SnowFlake. It lives in AWS. We have no legacy code and we are always eager to update our stack to the newest versions. Visit our tech radar for more info on our technologies.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU:
- Flexible work hours and trust in your ability to deliver, empowering you to take control of your work-life balance.
- Up to 6 weeks per year of “Workation”.
- One of the best Virtual Shares Incentive Programs in the market, so that everyone at Billie is invested in our success.
- Freedom to balance working from home and the office according to you and your team’s needs. No restrictions, only guidelines and a flexibility-first approach.
- Our “Catch a Ride with Billie” program gives you a big discount on the Monthly Public Transport pass in Berlin.
- A yearly development budget to broaden your skill set and horizons. We also offer free German group classes with your colleagues.
- An English-speaking, multicultural team with more than 35 nationalities from all continents represented in our staff.
- A one-time relocation bonus if you join us in Berlin.
- A great office space near Checkpoint Charlie with free gym access, healthy snacks and cereals, fruit, coffee, soda, and beer.
Billie offers you the opportunity to be a part of one of the fastest-growing Fintech startups in Europe following the mission to innovate to create new freedom for businesses of all sizes. Our combined decades of experience in B2B Financing and Payments in a market thirsty for innovation and change make this a fantastic possibility to get into the most dynamic space in tech.
Join an international team of talented, passionate people where drive and merit matter. We work in nimble, cross-functional teams with open communication lines across the company. You’ll be surrounded by smart people from a wide variety of backgrounds from which you can learn and that want to learn from you.
Are you ready to join Billie?