Dell Technologies (501+ Employees, 8% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Software Quality Principal Engineer
Join our Future of IT (FOIT) team which is building products that enable flexible, cloud-based storage and advanced data management solutions. Dell is offering multi-cloud infrastructure that captures and secures the data control point by moving from data persistence and data processing to data activation.
The FOIT Software Engineering team delivers next-generation software application enhancements and new products for a changing world. Working at the cutting edge, we design and develop software for platforms, peripherals, applications and diagnostics – all with the most advanced technologies, tools, software engineering methodologies and the collaboration of internal and external partners. This includes the latest GUI frameworks, Kubernetes environments, advanced DevOps toolchains, and continuous deployment.
Our Software Quality Engineering team ensures that our next-generation software is of the highest quality. We conduct a wide range of quality control tests and analyses to ensure that our software meets or exceeds end-user requirements. We debug software products, oversee the development of test plans, ensure system tests are documented, analyze the results, provide feedback to developers and make sure that all problems are resolved. We also select testing specifications for new products and ensure testing procedures comply with industry-specific standards.
Join us as a Software Quality Principal Engineer on our Software Quality Engineering team in Seattle to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
What you’ll achieve
As a Software Quality Principal Engineer, you will develop, revise and maintain test plans, test cases and automated test scripts that include resource requirements, schedule assumptions and scope based on pre-determined product requirements.u202fYou will work withu202fProduct Development; Product Management and the Customer Support teams to ensure product quality and customer satisfaction. You will collaborate to develop comprehensive test plans across Dell’s product portfolio. You will also have the opportunity to drive continual process improvements for the evolution of testing procedures and their future replication.
• Contribute to test automation activities by coding and programming in current languages
• Develop new and re-evaluate existing test methodologies and processes
• Provide requirements and specifications for the automation of test cases
• Be responsible for delivery of subsystem, anticipating issues and addressing proactively
• Author and execute test cases and testing methodology for manual and automated tests
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
- 8+ years of software quality engineering experience, in multi-cloud and storage domain
- Demonstrated understanding of public cloud infrastructure including Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud Platform
- Hands on experience on testing products in Storage and public cloud domain.
- Hands on experience in developing test automation frameworks for testing web application and/or enterprise class applications built using modern programming languages.
- Sound technical acumen to be able to guide and mentor engineering team
- Experience in Unix/Linux operating systems
- Experience of testing applications built using microservices
- Experience in setting up Continuous Integration, deployment and delivery pipelines using Jenkins or equivalent
- Experience in management of containerized applications using Kubernetes, docker etc.
- Solid understanding of Agile development methodologies
- Experience in developing automation tests for ensuring security and scalability of the application.
- Knowledge of UI and usability best practices/standards, cross-browser compatibility etc.
- Experience with git and Jenkins.
- Knowledge of Dell Technologies primary and secondary storage products is highly desirable
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life — while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Equal Employment Opportunity Policy here.