Amazon (501+ Employees, 130% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Are you passionate about cloud computing and its potential to overcome some of the biggest challenges in Life Sciences Commercial and Sales? Do you have a unique combination of deep technical knowledge, business acumen and strong interpersonal skills? Do you enjoy tackling large problems as massive scale? Amazon Web Services (AWS) is seeking a Life Sciences Solutions Architect to work with our customers, including Biosciences and Genomics Computing customers, to craft cloud-based solutions.
As a trusted customer advocate, you will help organizations understand best practices around advanced cloud-based solutions, and how to migrate existing workloads to the cloud. You will have the opportunity to help shape and execute a strategy to build mind-share and broad use of AWS within enterprise customers. The ideal candidate must be self-motivated with a proven track record of customer obsession and delivering results. The ability to connect technology with measurable business value is critical to a solutions architect. You should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, products, and technical challenges.
Amazon aims to be the most customer centric company on earth. Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers critical applications for hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190 countries around the world.
Key job responsibilities
Design Customer Solutions – Collaborate with the wider AWS teams to help customers and partners architect business critical solutions that leverage AWS Services
Engage with Solution Architects, Account Managers, Professional Services, and Partners to define a Life Sciences specific engagement strategy for AWS operational territories and key accounts, with emphasis on Research and Development.
Thought Leadership Provide thought leadership on solutions that benefit customers through the use of AWS Services. This takes the form of contribution to external publications such as the blog posts, white papers and reference architectures, as well as internal training of Solutions Architects, Professional Services Consultants, Technical Account Managers, and AWS Trainers
Serve as a key member of the business development and accounting management team in helping to ensure customer success in building and migrating applications, software and services on the AWS platform.
Assist solution providers with the definition and implementation of technical and business strategies.
Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the worldwide AWS solution architect community
Understand AWS market segments, and industry verticals.
Understand and maximize the use of internal business support systems.
Key job responsibilities
- Ensure success in building and migrating applications, software and services on the AWS platform
- In this role, your creativity will link technology to tangible solutions, with the opportunity to define or invent cloud-native reference architectures for a variety of use cases
- Educate customers of all sizes on the value proposition of AWS, and participate in deep architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud
- Conduct one-to-few and one-to-many training sessions to transfer knowledge to customers considering or already using AWS
- Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the AWS solutions architect community
- Author or otherwise contribute to AWS customer-facing publications such as whitepapers
- Build deep relationships with senior technical individuals within customers to enable them to be cloud advocates Act as a technical liaison between customers, service engineering teams and suppor
• Significant design/implementation/consulting experience with distributed applications • Significant experience in infrastructure architecture, database architecture and networking • Working knowledge in the Lifescience Comercial domain in regards to software, tools and methodologies • History of successful technical consulting and architecture engagements with large-scale customers or enterprises • Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort speaking with executives, IT Management, and developers. • Strong written communication skills • High level of comfort communicating effectively across internal and external organizations • Technical degree required; Computer Science or Math background highly desired • Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
- Open to travel up to 40%
- An advanced degree in physical or life sciences, computer science, engineering, or related discipline *
- Solid background in regulatory frameworks such as GDPR, HIPAA, GxP, ISO 27001 or similar regulations in EMEA and worldwide
- Customer facing skills to represent AWS well within the customer’s environment and drive discussions with senior personnel regarding trade-offs, best practices, project management and risk mitigation
- Ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges in an enterprise environment
- Domain knowledge in building solutions in Healthcare, Health IT, Life Sciences, BioTech or similar
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Our inclusive culture empowers Amazonians to deliver the best results for our customers. If you have a disability and need an adjustment during the application and hiring process, including support for the interview or onboarding process, please contact the Applicant-Candidate Accommodation Team (ACAT), Monday through Friday from 7:00 am GMT – 4:00 pm GMT. If calling directly from the United Kingdom, please dial +44 800 086 9884 (tel:+448000869884). If calling from Ireland, please dial +353 1800 851 489 (tel:+3531800851489).