Amazon (501+ Employees, 130% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Are you looking for a new challenge in a rapidly growing organization within a disruptive and innovative company? Amazon’s Worldwide Advertising Policy team is seeking an enthusiastic, detail-oriented policy manager to lead a global program focusing on ad policy enforcement consistency and scalability within Amazon Ads.
The Principal Policy Manager will work closely with Amazon leadership to set the long-term vision to support a trusted and safe advertising environment, assess risk, and manage the consistent and accurate enforcement of our advertising policies worldwide. In this role you will continuously evaluate advertising and publisher standards, policy enforcement and ad moderation systems, and escalation processes. You will be the voice of our policies and standards for advertising clients, agencies, and internal customers, to ensure a broad understanding of the intent, philosophy, and customer obsession behind the policy decisions we make. You will work closely with our product and engineering teams to improve policy enforcement mechanisms, analyze data to prioritize tool improvements, and help set the vision for automated review to enable policy enforcement at scale. You will lead a small team of program and policy managers and drive consistency in the advertising experience for Amazon shoppers and advertisers.
Amazon Advertising help advertisers reach Amazon customers on our owned and operated sites, on other high-quality publishers across the web, and on millions of Kindles, Fire Tablets, Fire TVs, and mobile devices. We start with the customer and work backwards in everything we do, including advertising. If you’re interested in joining a rapidly growing team and working to build a unique, highly respected advertising group with a focus on customer obsession, you’ve come to the right place.
This position supports a hybrid work model and you will be able to work virtually from anywhere in US. The role requires up to 25% (1-2 weeks) travel to an Amazon hub location every quarter, for a collaborative team session and will need to be booked at least two months in advance. Amazon has tech hubs in multiple locations (Seattle, Los Angeles, San Diego, San Francisco, New York, Washington DC, Chicago, Austin, Boulder, Detroit, Toronto and Miami). If there is an Amazon tech hub in your city, you have the flexibility to schedule and work from an office location as required. For more context, review our CEO- Andy Jassy’s note on our approach to offering teams more flexibility in where we work.
Key job responsibilities
- Develop policies that protect Amazon, our customers, and advertisers
- Embed and adapt industry standard content and audience taxonomy standards to fit Amazon use cases
- Build escalation tools and handle policy escalations from advertisers, internal moderation and PR, and other internal stakeholders
- Prepare and deliver business reviews to SVP’s and business team regarding program/project progress and roadblocks
- Define program and organization wide metrics and ambitious goals
- Partner and influence product and engineering teams to drive tech solutions that scale and accurately enforce our policies
- Hire and develop a small team of policy and program managers
- 7+ years of experience in developing advertising guidelines and standards, brand safety policies, compliance practices, or a related field
- 3+yrs experience in content moderation and systems
- Education or related work experience in socioeconomics or politics
- Understanding of the impact policy decisions have on advertisers, publisher partners, and retail customers and ability to balance revenue opportunities with brand trust and customer experience
- Ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases
- Demonstrated ability to operate strategically in a high-energy, fast-paced environment
- High degree of organizational skills and ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously, the ability make difficult tradeoffs and prioritize based on impact
- Master’s degree
- Program management
- Directly applicable experience in digital advertising or advertising technology with increasing levels of responsibility
- Experience in launching and managing successful, customer-focused global programs at scale
- Knowledge of Six Sigma/Lean processes
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Workers in New York City who perform in-person work or interact with the public in the course of business must show proof they have been fully vaccinated against COVID or request and receive approval for a reasonable accommodation, including medical or religious accommodation.