Guild is hiring a Principal Product Manager to join our Student Experience Product Management team.
Guild’s product teams maximize technology to enable thousands of students to go to school affordably by connecting them to a dynamic learning marketplace. Guild is on a journey to streamline how we onboard, operate and support tens of thousands of students in their pursuit of education and upward mobility.
In this role, you’ll craft a shared vision for how Guild’s student experience should be comprehensive and seamless across product, coaching and marketing tools that students experience especially as our business scales 10x in the coming years. To do that, you’ll need to develop a deep understanding of our products, operations, marketing complexities and the business use cases they enable. You’ll play a key role in evolving our student experience to be more personalized and connected across the student channels. This role will be responsible for distilling sophisticated technical issues to their crucial elements and communicating those elements to non-technical audiences. This role will also develop and execute plans to connect coaching and notifications experiences to the product apps while anticipating any risks and client impacts.
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- 10+ years of related experience in product management or a similar function developing and implementing technology systems and services
- 5+ years of experience working with marketing or operations teams. Experience with Salesforce is a plus
- An affinity for building comprehensive and ready for scale systems with a passion for cohesive and seamless end-user experiences
- Ability to navigate multiple levels from understanding micro user stories to translating business requirements to producing synthesis product strategy, with a “no task is too small” mentality!
- Structured and systems thinking and strong problem solving skills
- Helped fast-growth businesses transition from v1 to v2
- Demonstrated capability of developing and evangelizing a shared vision across the organization, with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Validated ability to handle complex business problems across internal and external partners while meeting deadlines to ensure successful delivery
- A track record of working closely and optimally with engineering and business teams, establishing standard methodologies in areas such as scrum
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
We are one of the few female-led companies to hit a $1 billion valuation and the only Certified B Corporation with those qualifications. Our Series D financing round was led by Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners chairman and former CEO of AMEX, and joined by Emerson Collective, LeadEdge Capital, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Additionally, we feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market competitive, including a base salary range of $180,000 – $217,500 and bonus compensation eligibility, as well as company stock options.
- Access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (due to coverage limitations, Kaiser is currently only available in CA & CO)
- Access to a 401k to help save for your future
- 3 weeks of vacation in your first year and an open vacation policy after year 1 to help you recharge
- 8 days of fully-paid sick leave, so that you can take the time to heal and or recover
- Family-friendly benefits, including 14 weeks of parental leave, employer-paid short-term and long-term disability, employer-sponsored life insurance, and fertility care benefits.
- Well-rounded wellness benefits including access to free and low cost mental health resources and support services
- Education benefits and tuition assistance to help your future development and growth