As Principal Product Owner, your mission is to set the Product Owners of product delivery teams up for impact, and to act as the glue across teams and initiatives. Large cross-team initiatives in your group start with you.
Product Owners work with you to translate the cross-group product strategy into tangible objectives and initiatives in close collaboration with the Product Leadership team. Additionally, you are responsible for making sure that your group has solid practices and processes in place that allow teams to take ideas from concept to value delivered successfully.
- Act as the functional lead for Product Owners in your group: this means helping Product Owners and the Product Ownership practice grow and improve through coaching, pairing and establishing good practices and processes
- Be the starting point, domain expert and coordinating interface for initiatives that span multiple teams of the same subdomain, including validation the value of future capabilities early on in the discovery phase with key customers
- Translate the product strategy into tangible objectives and initiatives in close collaboration with Product Owners and the Product Leadership team
- Set Product Owners and teams up for success and autonomous work through creating align, clarity and unblock them
- Facilitate quarterly and annual planning activities for multiple teams with all involved stakeholders in order to co-create a compelling roadmap for our customers
- Instigate a data-driven mindset in all delivery teams in order to monitor adoption of delivered product capabilities
- Collaborate closely with the Product Leads, Product Owners, Strategic Design and the Engineering VPs
- Extensive previous experience (ideally including B2B / Enterprise) creating and applying product process to craft product and technical concepts with designers, engineers and product managers
- Excellent stakeholder management skills, including the ability to negotiate and managing expectations on timelines and scope
- Ability to quickly reach in-depth domain expertise
- Broad toolkit of Product Management practices and a curiosity to exchange, learn and build a community
- Expertise and experience in many or some of the following:
- Experience in helping product managers or teams of product managers improve their craft
- Building and improving product management as a practice in teams or teams of teams
- data-driven decision making and validation / hypothesis-driven concepting
- UX methodologies & artefacts (wireframes, personas, flows)
- Coaching, mentoring or training product managers
- Understanding of Agile values, principles, practices, and the rationale behind them
- A desire to work in a context where answers are rarely simple and you usually need to create clarity from ambiguity yourself, with and for others
- An empowering and encouraging attitude focused on growth and impact
- Self-reflectiveness and awareness of your talents and limits
- Fluency in English
We’re looking for people who have a desire to work in a context where challenges are complex, answers are rarely simple and they can facilitate clarity from ambiguity themselves, with and for others. Operating in an Enterprise B2B context we also require more predictability than some industries. It’s a challenge that one should enjoy and choose actively – we find it very rewarding.
What we offer
We keep things open, agile and communicative. It is all based on trust, not micromanaging. The whole department is located together in one office in beautiful Berlin, however due to the current situation we work and onboard 100% remotely to keep our employees safe.
Our team members are self-organized within their teams, working on independent projects or closely with Product Leads, developers and UX designers. We value your thoughts and ideas and will give you the freedom to push and implement them!
We offer competitive salaries and support personal growth with functional in-house coaching and a personal development budget that includes three days off per year. You will gain – and share – knowledge during recurring learning groups, jours fixes and our annual Code Camp.
You are free to use the OS of your choice, the tooling you are comfortable with and set up your workspace the way you like it. Signavio will support you with all the necessary office equipment, even when working from home!
We get that balancing a family and work can be a challenge, so everyone gets flexible working hours and 30 days of holidays per year. Moreover, Signavio will support you in case of relocation and visa application.
*Do I need to meet all the requirements to apply?*
Studies by several different sources have shown that, on average, men will apply for a job if they meet 60% of the application requirements. In contrast, women/non-binary people will seek to match a much higher percentage of the requirements before applying.
We encourage everyone to apply and give us a chance to evaluate your skills and experience. We are all learning on the job, and although the listing above has been carefully compiled, we are also open-minded and interested to hear about the value you can bring to the role and Signavio.
*How can I demonstrate that I have particular needs in the application process?*
For people living with disabilities, chronic illnesses, or neurodiversity, adjustments and support can make a decisive difference in the application process. If you need any specific accommodations (tools, time, etc.) and feel comfortable disclosing this, please let us know.