Uptycs (201-500 Employees, 192% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
We’re looking for Principal Security Analysts to join our growing customer facing team. As a Principal Security Analyst, you will be responsible for security event analysis, Incident response planning and related activities assisting our customers as part of our value added service offerings. The right candidate will have customer facing skills combined with deeper cybersecurity domain knowledge and experience working on detection, analysis and proactive hunting across security relevant data sets and response approaches. As a Principal Security Analyst, you will also be instrumental in developing methodologies, refining monitoring techniques and mentoring junior members of the team.
What you'll do:
- Goal oriented, self motivated and operate Independently while maintaining situational awareness and keeping team and customers up to date
- Perform Security monitoring and Incident Response across Uptycs customer environments leveraging Uptycs Security Analytics platform
- Properly document monitoring and incident response analysis activities and write high quality reports for technical and executive consumption
- Analyze and assess alerts, detect security threats and resolve false positives in a timely manner
- Escalate serious threats to customer contacts and work with customers to assess impact and roll out threat mitigation actions
- Develop repeatable methodologies to find malicious activities across customer environments
- Proactively incorporate new and updated threat detection rules to ensure customers security hygieneIdentify potential weaknesses and implement measures such as developing new detection rules
- Establish regular communication with product teams to provide feedback on threat activities detected and recommendations to help enhance Uptycs product
- Stay up to date with latest security and technology developments and continually develop new technical skills elevating overall team capabilities
- Research emerging cyber security threats and ways to detect and mitigate the threatsEngage in simulating security breaches – ethical hacking
- Provide assistance to other security teams
- Regularly present technical topics to technical and non-technical audiences
- Mentor junior team members and collaborate effectively with cross functional teams on initiatives to continually improve the product.
What you must have:
- A successful candidate should be driven, creative, self-starter with diligent work ethic.
- The candidate must possess the ability to lead, mentor, advise and advocate for customers
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Cybersecurity or related field.
- 5+ years in key customer security monitoring roles such as security Analyst or similar
- Experience working remotely with a geographically dispersed team
- Strong work ethic and commitment to accomplish assigned tasks with a sense of urgency
- Strong aptitude for continuous learning and growth
- Excellent presentation skills and comfort in leading and coaching teams
- Ability to interact effectively at all levels, both internally and externally
- Deep knowledge of cyber-security technologies, endpoint and server security concepts, and preferably public cloud experience (AWS, Azure, GCP).
- Successful experience working with key customer security contacts at large global companies
- Ability to multitask and meet critical deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Strong team player with experience navigating internal teams and coordinating effective customer delivery aligning customer needs.
Position One: Principal Security Analyst XDR (macOS, Windows and Linux)Strong knowledge of Linux, MacOS and Windows operating systems containers and container orchestration tools
- Deep understanding of network defense principles, common attack vectors, and attacker techniques
- Advanced technical skills and the ability to develop a mastery of network and host security technologies
Position Two: Principal Security Analyst – Containers and Kubernetes
- Principal Security Analyst – Containers and Kubernetes
- Strong knowledge of container runtime environments like docker, dockerd, containers, crio
- Strong knowledge of Kubernetes and other orchestration systems such as Openshift
Position Three: Principal Security Analyst – Public Cloud (AWS, GCP, Azure)Strong knowledge of public cloud services and API
- Good understanding of public cloud configuration and best practices for configuration of various services
Uptycs builds best-in-class cloud security products that leverage lightweight tools, built on open source software, to collect everything that can help detect, understand, and mitigate a wide variety of security problems. We run on laptops and cloud workloads, monitor Kubernetes and serverless containers, analyze AWS/GCP/Azure configuration and CloudTrail events, you name it. We feed it into a cloud-based security analytics platform that provides comprehensive visibility, threat detection, posture management, remediation, vulnerability management and compliance tracking. We analyze petabytes of data, process millions of events per second, and run a control plane that enables continuous scanning for vulnerabilities, misconfigurations, and APT malware on all major cloud providers and hundreds of thousands of macOS, Linux, and Windows endpoints.
Uptycs enables security professionals at companies such as Comcast, Flexport and Lookout to quickly prioritize, investigate, and respond to potential threats across a company's entire attack surface.
Uptycs is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. Uptycs is a progressive and open-minded workplace where we do not tolerate discrimination or harassment in any form. If you are smart, passionate and good at what you do, come as you are.