Zillow (501+ Employees, 21% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Zillow is an online real estate marketplace for finding and sharing information about homes, real estate, and mortgages.
About the team
The Data Governance engineering team builds data platforms to drive effective data management at Zillow. We develop and own systems for data discovery, quality, privacy, and security that are central to Zillow’s data strategy.
Our team enjoys creating elegant solutions to complex problems and celebrates our successes together. In this role you will be part of a collaborative work setting that promotes ownership, growth, and creativity.
About the role
We’re looking for a Principal Software Development Engineer (SDE) to lead our team in efficiently implementing, operating and improving platforms for large scale data governance management and automation. As a Principal SDE on this team you will partner with other Software Engineers to:
- Lead architecture, implementation, and operations of platforms and tools for protecting, monitoring, and understanding data at scale.
- Empower Zillow with world-class Data Governance Platform offerings that enable all data producing teams to efficiently and securely create high quality data and data consumers to quickly find and understand the data they need.
- Apply DevOps principles to analytics and software/data engineering.
- Research and pioneer the adoption and use of new technologies within Zillow.
This role has been categorized as a Remote position. “Remote” employees do not have a permanent corporate office workplace and, instead, work from a physical location of their choice which must be identified to the Company. Employees may live in any of the 50 US States, with limited exceptions. In certain cases, an employee in a remote-designated job may need to live in a specific region or time zone to support customers or clients as part of their role.
Who you are
- 7+ years software development experience with very high proficiency in Python, Java, or Scala programming languages.
- Experience developing robust, high-throughput backend services
- Experience building complex, highly scalable and reliable data pipelines, using Spark, Kafka, Flink, Beam, Parquet, Hive, Avro, Airflow, or equivalents
- Experience with frameworks for CI/CD, monitoring, testing, and alerting for data and services
- Familiarity with cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, or GCP) and large data lakes
- (plus) Familiarity with Machine Learning and AI concepts and technologies
- Interested in contributing to the open source community
- A degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline or equivalent work experience
- Have worked in a highly collaborative environment interacting with a lot of customers and stakeholders.
- Strong technical leadership skills and have led the development and delivery of multiple complex E2E solutions.
- Passionate about mentorship and coaching/onboarding/leading teammates.
In addition to a competitive base salary this position is also eligible for equity awards based on factors such as experience, performance and location.
Get to know us
Zillow is reimagining real estate to make it easier to unlock life’s next chapter.
As the most-visited real estate website in the United States, Zillow® and its affiliates offer customers an on-demand experience for selling, buying, renting or financing with transparency and nearly seamless end-to-end service. Millions of people visit Zillow and its affiliate sites every month to start their home search, and now they can rely on Zillow to help them finish it — and no matter what job you’re in, you will play a critical role in making this vision a reality.
At Zillow, we’re powered by our innovative and inclusive work culture, where everyone has the flexibility, support and resources to do the best work of their careers. Our efforts to streamline the real estate transaction is supported by our passion to redefine the employee experience, a deep-rooted culture of innovation, a fundamental commitment to Equity and Belonging, and world-class benefits. But don’t just take our word for it. Read our reviews on Glassdoor and recent recognition from multiple organizations, including: Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For® List 2021 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index 2021, Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Corporate Equity Index and HRC’s Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality 2021, Fortune Best Workplaces for Technology 2020, Fortune Best Workplaces for Millennials 2020, Fortune Best Workplaces for Parents 2020, and the Deloitte Technology Fast 500.
Zillow Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at [email protected]
Applicants who receive job offers from Zillow Group will be asked to sign a Proprietary Rights Agreement which includes confidentiality, intellectual property assignment, customer and employee non-solicitation, and non-competition provisions. If you are contacted for a role at Zillow Group and wish to review a copy of the Proprietary Rights Agreement prior to receiving an offer, you may request a copy from your Recruiter.