Okta (501+ Employees, 124% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
We are looking for an exceptional Principal Software Engineer in Test to join the Directories team. The team is responsible for building software products like the okta platform (Universal Directories), integrating with directories like AD, LDAP,etc. that empowers Okta’s customers for seamless SSO experience across multiple applications securely. This is a tremendous opportunity to learn from the best at Okta and contribute to quality improvements that significantly impact work force and CIAM customers.
The Principal Software Engineer in Test is responsible for supporting the planning, designing, implementation and execution of system testing on complex implementations. This candidate must be able to own and drive a full quality cycle for a given feature with the highest quality bar. Able to collaborate with Developers, PM, UX designers, cross-team members,etc. to define test plans, test reviews and test case scripts based on business requirements and application software designs. The candidate will also be responsible for executing the test case scripts, building test automation, test tools, test frameworks and working collaboratively with the application developers to execute tests as a team, log, track and validate test results.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Own and drive end-to-end quality for the scrum features; test plan, test plan reviews, test design, test execution, code reviews, automation, entry and exit criteria evaluation, sign-offs.
- Develop high quality functional, regression and end to end tests
- Suggests and implements improvements to functional tests suites and automation in response to evolving test requirements, industry standards, product design or project requirements
- Work with business partners to drive user acceptance testing
- Guide project teams on testing practices and standards established by organization
- Raising quality issues with the QA and dev teams in a timely manner
- Interface with Architects, Developers, Product Owners, Product Management, Technical Support, Documentation and UX teams, Engineering Services, Technical Operations
- Work with engineering management to scope and plan test engineering efforts
- Collaborate with the senior engineering team in major development projects, design and implementation to find any early design flaws as part of Shift-Left.
- Conduct and Participate in code reviews, analysis and performance tuning
- Analyze/Refine Requirements with Product Management
- Provide guidance, supervise on the key aspects like technology, and provide the feedback on the code
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 10+ years of quality engineering with knowledge and hands-on test automation experience
- Strong problem solving, troubleshooting, and analytic skills in a SaaS environment.
- Expert level hands on experience with automation for APIs, Selenium Webdriver using Java
- Strong hands-on experience with automation in Java, C#, SQL, RESTful APIs
- Knowledge of Identity and Access Management protocols and technologies
- Experience with one or more of the following Directory services: Active Directory, LDAP
- Experience with collaboration tools like JIRA, Confluence, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Experience with scale and performance testing,performance tool sets like jmeter, etc.
- Work under minimal supervision and/or direction
Education and Training:
- BS Computer Science or related experience
((Colorado only*) Minimum OTE of $154,000 /year + equity + benefits *Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085(8-5-20))
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.