Symetra Life Insurance Company (501+ Employees, 7% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Symetra has an exciting new opportunity to join our Emerging Solutions team as a Principal Data Architect.
Symetra is headquartered in Bellevue, Washington. It has over 2000 employees and over $60 Billion in assets. Established in 1957, Symetra is well positioned to execute on growth plans.
About the role
At Symetra, we ‘re focused on building solutions to help people gain financial freedom. We are disrupting the Insurance industry. We have won both the 2021 Gartner Eye on Innovation Award for Financial Services and the 2022 Celent Model Insurer Award. We’re imagining and creating new products to redefine the industry, and we invite you to join us. This is a unique opportunity where you get to innovate on numerous fronts across the business – with technology bringing to life solutions and user experiences. You will help shape the approach to data models that facilitate ownership of domain data by application teams across the enterprise.
What you will Do
- Data Architect will be responsible for strategizing enterprise-wide data architecture principles, cloud migration, and improvement of data effectiveness and efficiency. Leads the Data Architecture Program.
- Design, document, and maintain logical data models including data definitions and data standards.
- Maintain appropriate documentation of data architecture, data modeling, source to target mappings, ETL processes, and reporting requirements.
- Enforce industry best practices and discipline to Implement Data-as-a-Service/Product architecture enabling advanced analytics (AI/ML) for business analysis and innovation.
- Implement appropriate data architecture, data modeling to turn data into a strategic asset and build advanced data solutions and capabilities to foster data-driven decision-making.
- Identify potential for cost savings through ETL, storage optimization, budget allocation. Develop and sponsor proof-of-concept and idea blueprints to demonstrate recommended approaches. Collaborate with business owners, stakeholders, data governance, and software development teams to design and implement data management solutions.
- Collaborate with meta-data management and data owners to manage data lineage traceability from source to consumption and where-used patterns across system landscape and electronic file system.
- Work with data governance and security leads to create data classification definitions and standards and provide impact analysis of regulatory or statutory requirements using lineage.
- Assist data governance and/or data security leads with any inquiries related to data access and work with data analytics and reporting teams to provide requirements for impact analysis reports where appropriate.
- Ensure all data solutions exhibit high levels of performance, security, governance, privacy, scalability, maintainability, and appropriate re-usability and reliability upon deployment.
- Collaborate with cross-functional leaders (both internally and externally) as a true business and strategic partner and enabler of the organization.
- Data Architect will also be responsible for recruiting, mentoring and management of other Architect in the program. Will be responsible for defining, approving goals and budgets for department/business unit.,
What we offer you
Benefits and Perks
We don’t take a “one-size-fits-all” approach when it comes to our employees. Our programs are designed to make your life better both at work and at home.
- Flexible full-time or hybrid telecommuting arrangements
- Plan for your future with our 401(k) plan and take advantage of immediate vesting and company matching up to 6%
- Paid time away including vacation and sick time, flex days and ten paid holidays
- Give back to your community and double your impact through our company matching
Want more details?Want more details? Check out ourSymetra Benefits Overview
Salary Range: $154,800 – $257,900 plus eligibility for the company annual bonus program target of 20%.