Meta (formerly Facebook) (501+ Employees, 34% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Meta is looking for a Privacy and Data Policy Manager who can bring their understanding of the regulatory landscape to help shape Meta’s positions on key issues relating to privacy and data use. The team’s mission is to develop privacy-protective and thoughtful approaches to using data that help bring the world closer together and improve people’s lives. In this role, you’ll join a team responsible for helping shape the company’s approach to salient privacy and data use issues. You’ll work closely with product managers, engineers, designers, researchers, attorneys, partnerships and communications and marketing teams, to build privacy into the products and services that we’re developing and shape Meta’s privacy and policy visions in these areas. You’ll also work with our teams to evaluate and respond to legislative and regulatory developments around privacy. The ideal candidate for this role is a self-starter, a good team player, and creative problem solver that is able to switch easily between detailed work and high-level strategic thinking. This candidate will be familiar with public policy and have a meaningful understanding of technologies including personalized advertising, social media, and the metaverse, as well as the underlying policy and data protection frameworks that support them. And the candidate will be passionate about the services Meta provides and the people that we serve.
Privacy and Data Policy Manager, Policy Development Responsibilities:
- Collaboratively develop strategic, proactive positions on key privacy and data policy issues.
- Analyze global legislative and regulatory proposals concerning the intersection of technology, privacy, data use, and platform regulation.
- Independently lead projects with cross functional stakeholders, including narrative development, research design, and strategic policy planning.
- Serve as an effective partner for Meta regarding privacy issues, including in high profile external meetings and conferences.
- Work with software developers, designers, lawyers, product managers, and others to help interdisciplinary teams simultaneously address policy, legal, engineering, user interface, business, marketing and other privacy requirements.
- 3+ years of experience working on privacy, data security, or other technology policy issues
- Experience managing cross-functional projects and prioritizing multiple simultaneous projects
- Collaborative work ethic and internal communication skills
- JD, M.P.P, or technical degree
- Experience with cross-domain policy advocacy
- Expertise in designing privacy regulatory and policy frameworks
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at accommodations[email protected]