GitLab (501+ Employees, 50% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
The GitLab DevOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 1,800+ team members and values that guide a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute.
Location – This position is 100% remote, based in North America.
The Procurement Operations team supports procurement and spend management activities.
Don’t have a ton of knowledge about GitLab yet? Don’t worry. We have an extensive onboarding and training program at GitLab and you will be provided with necessary DevOps and GitLab knowledge to fulfill your role.
What you’ll do in this role
- Drive year-over-year cost reduction and cost avoidance for indirect suppliers
- Develop and implement procurement strategies to optimize business needs with suppliers across all indirect categories of spend.
- Negotiate price and payment terms with existing and new vendors
- Build strong internal and cross-functional partnerships with key stakeholders to identify and develop suppliers aligned to business need.
- Lead and support internal stakeholders through the purchase requisition process.
- Manage Vendor Data in the procurement system of record
- Lead and/or participate in the RFx process and vendor meetings
- Partner with AP to ensure vendor payments and resolve issues
- Deep understanding and knowledge of the category in order to make strategic recommendations to internal stakeholders
- Maintain and update the procurement process to meet business needs in a rapid manner
We’re looking for
- 2-3 years of experience in a similar role
- Deep understanding of the source to pay process
- Excellent team player with internal customer service skills across all levels of the organization
- Ability to partner and negotiate with vendors with a spirit of influence and partnership
- Communication Skills, both verbal and written, and ability to lead meetings and drive decisions.
- Ability to evaluate and compare supplier quotes, bids and information to make a presentation and recommendation.
- Deadline oriented; able to work in a fast-paced environment with ever-changing priorities
- Self-motivated with the ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Ability to navigate cultural differences and build global but locally relevant solutions
- Proficient in Google Docs
- Ability to use GitLab
- A shared interest in our values, and working in accordance with those values
Also, we know it’s tough, but please try to avoid the confidence gap. You don’t have to match all the listed requirements exactly to be considered for this role.
For Colorado residents: The base salary range for this role’s listed level is currently $73,900 – $134,600 for Colorado residents only. Grade level and salary ranges are determined through interviews and a review of education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities of the applicant, equity with other team members, and alignment with market data. See more information on our benefits and equity. Sales roles are also eligible for incentive pay targeted at up to 100% of the offered base salary. Disclosure as required by the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, C.R.S. § 8-5-101 et seq.
Country Hiring Guidelines: GitLab hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.
GitLab is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. GitLab’s policies and practices relating to recruitment, employment, career development and advancement, promotion, and retirement are based solely on merit, regardless of race, color, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression), national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, mental or physical disability, genetic information (including family medical history), discharge status from the military, protected veteran status (which includes disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, and Armed Forces service medal veterans), or any other basis protected by law. GitLab will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. See also GitLab’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know during the recruiting process.