Platform.sh (201-500 Employees, 78% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Platform.sh is a remote-first global workforce with roots in France. From the onset, our founders are committed to a better way, and that common thread continues today in each of our staff. We’re inspired by a future where digital infrastructure is everywhere and invisible. Where innovation and collaboration can easily flow, without technical barriers.
A collective with diverse backgrounds, we work together to test, innovate, and challenge one another, finding new ways to reimagine digital experiences. We’re here to help our customers thrive.
Bring your experience to our team, and help us build a better way.
We are looking for a dynamic and proactive applicant with proven negotiation skills and common sense, a sense of details and understanding of legal contract terms. As an international and centralized group, we have a large diversity of vendor agreements from large IaaS providers to Marketing events, as well as SaaS tools.
As Procurement specialist, you will drive end-to-end procurement activities and vendor management in connection with our legal and compliance team, as well as our financial controller. You will actively contribute to the implementation of the procurement process and policies as well as budgeting tools. This is a newly created role that reports directly to our Chief Financial Officer.
This is a very diverse position with a lot of personal growth potential.
You can either work remote or from our office in Paris, France. We have a preference for applicants located West-Europe or East-North America but will consider applicants from other locations.
What you can expect to do on a daily basis
- Conduct forward looking analysis on current/future vendors to drive commercial savings and performance improvements
- Manage the end to end sourcing process including commercial and contractual negotiations
- Assist the wider business in resolving vendor issues and escalations
- Work alongside the Legal and Compliance team to enforce high vendor quality
- Liaise closely with other teams to ensure compliance to sourcing strategy and continuous improvement of procurement processes, especially towards our green objectives
- Lead or actively contribute to the Procurement processes and policies implementation, including Procurement system implementation
What you bring
- A caring mind-frame and an empathetic spirit. The ability to think from other perspectives is a skill we ask from all Platformers
- At least 5 years of experience in a global procurement function
- Very good knowledge of procurement processes, policies and procedures
- Proven successful experience in an international environment
- Solid tooling skills, including MS Excel / Google Sheet
- Very good level of English
- Proficient in French
Nice to have
- Experience operating in high growth environments, ideally in the technology/SaaS industry
- Proficient in Spanish
This is a remote job. Work from anywhere!
We’re a worldwide, distributed team looking for the best talent. Our remote model has been in practice and thriving since 2014. To us, remote work means flexibility and having truly diverse, global teams. Work from home or from our Paris office, we have it all.
Company perks and benefits
- Leadership that cares.
- A global team, rich with culture and diversity.
- An open work environment where your voice is encouraged. We can always find ways to do better and look forward to hearing your ideas.
- A product you can believe in. We’re changing the way companies develop and manage their web applications.
- Wellness stipend of US $300 a year
- Professional development budget of US $800.
- Tandem – a pool of linguists from around the world willing to help each other work on learning new languages.
- Office budget of US $3,000 at hire, (A computer is mandatory but spend the rest on things that help you work, from headphones to a wifi extender.) and a welcome kit of branded swag
- A yearly global gift exchange – get paired up with someone 3,000 miles or kilometers away, and share a part of your home
- We’re voted asA Best Place to Workby 96% of our employees.
- Company wide DE&I initiative that you can be a part of
- Yearly, international, company and team meet-ups (when we’re not experiencing a pandemic).
- Fair PTO based on your country’s standards.
- Inclusive parental leave (timeline is country-dependent).
- Remote working/flexibility.
- Healthcare, dental, and vision (US, CA, UK and FR staff only).
- Matched contributions to 401K/RRSP (US and Canada staff only).
- Company shares (discretionary).
About our recruitment process
We don’t expect a great hire to meet every requirement we have listed. If you can see yourself elevating the team we want to hear your story. Few of us would be here had we not taken a chance.
You can expect 1-4 interviews on Google Meet. We leave the process fairly customizable to teams and roles, so in some scenarios we’re able to streamline the process to have minimal rounds. Expect a higher number of rounds for director-level roles and above.
You’ll also have the opportunity to schedule virtual coffee chats with potential future peers during the recruitment process to see if you can envision working together. Use interview and coffee time to make sure the company aligns with what you’re looking for in working environment.
All roles require background checks.
About our product
A unified, secure, enterprise-grade platform with which to build, run, and scale fleets of websites and applications. Platform.sh is trusted by 5,000+ organizations globally to create the best digital experiences.