Crystal Knows (11-50 Employees, 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
What We Do
Crystal is on a mission to create a professional world where people are treated like people, not numbers. Our customers use our DISC-based AI to better understand the personality and behaviors of their employees, job candidates, and sales prospects; enabling them to be more effective and empathetic communicators, managers, and salespeople. We’re currently looking to grow our product delivery team in order to keep building the largest and most accurate personality platform in the world.
Who We Are
- We’re a fully-remote team of 20+ people, located across the continental US.
- As a personality-based company, we know that people are unique and that our differences make us stronger. Because of that we support and seek to build teams that are diverse across all aspects of identity, perspective, and personality.
- Among other things, we value:
- Providing full trust with ownership and responsibility over your work.
- Staying focused on our great opportunities by intentionally saying “no” to a lot of good opportunities.
- A constant culture of healthy feedback – from each other and from our customers.
- Taking our work seriously, but not taking ourselves too seriously.
- Maintaining a healthy product by continuously evaluating and addressing technical debt.
- We have thousands of users and customers globally, including professionals from 90% of Fortune 500 companies!
- We’ve raised $7MM in early-stage VC funding, led by Salesforce Ventures.
What You’d Do
- Work to improve, maintain, monitor, and expand upon the AI that drives our personality predictions and insights.
- Play a key role in upcoming projects as we seek to expand the data and sources available to our prediction engine.
- Guide data-backed thinking about our product and help generate the insights we’ll need to help our customers more effectively.
- Help us develop A/B (and/or other multivariate) testing strategies so we can safely accelerate the pace of our Product Delivery organization.
- As an early member of a small team, help us build culture, best practices, and architecture that will support us and our customers as we grow.
- Consult on the development of a very early-stage business intelligence/reporting infrastructure to help the leadership team understand and drive the business from a data-driven perspective.
What You’d Earn
- Base salary in the range of $100,000 to $140,000 annually.
- An equity grant in the form of stock options (specifically, ISOs).
- 4 weeks of paid time off.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance contributions for you and any dependents.
- Regular opportunities to meet in-person with your team and with the whole company for team-building and strategy.
- Assistance with setting up a home office as necessary.
- Participation in our company book club – we’ll buy books for you and reward you for reading them!
You Should Apply If…
- You have the equivalent of 4+ years of experience in the data science/analysis field. This is not an entry-level position – we need someone who can come help us bootstrap a great product data discipline with minimal oversight.
- You have strong communication skills, particularly in written English. As a remote team, asynchronous (written) communication is paramount to our success – especially when it comes to explaining complex and/or technical ideas.
- You have experience working with data querying languages (such as SQL) and data scripting languages (like Python, R, etc.).
- You are familiar with best practices and methods for training and maintaining an artificial intelligence (AI) model.
- Knowledge and experience with any of the following would be a huge plus:
- Natural Language Processing (NLP), especially sentiment/emotion analysis
- Predictive Modeling, especially if you’re familiar with statistical methods for validating the output of such a model
- Multivariate (especially A/B) testing in a SaaS product
- You’re interested in being part of a product delivery team – we are all passionate and invested in what we are building, and enjoy collaborating with each other and our stakeholders to make our product better.