Boclips (51-200 Employees, 47% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Help us make learning more captivating for all students!
Boclips has big ambitions: to power up the world’s learning platforms with high-quality, curated multimedia content. And we’ll need a lot of help doing it! Videos, podcasts and interactives are becoming critical to the online delivery of learning experiences to engage students and improve outcomes – but in order for those assets to provide value, they need to find their right place within the different learning curricula. We’ve built an AI-led product that is transforming the discoverability of relevant multimedia content for education.
In a nutshell, our Product Design team is.
Designing a platform for instructional designers and courseware creators that enables them to easily search and discover relevant, curriculum-aligned videos and podcasts to place in courseware. Our users work in education publishing, for digital-first learning platforms and other edtech platforms globally. We have customers and users from North America to India.
This role is a great opportunity for you if you.
- Thrive being part of a multidisciplinary, global team, collaborating with product, content, data and engineering.
- Want to grow rapidly and have impact on a scaling global edtech (Team of 70 and counting!)
- Like to create meaningful products and have a passion for the problem we are trying to solve in education.
More on the role
- You’ll need to understand our business goals and connect them with design decisions that can be articulated across the business.
- Mix your visual, UX, and interaction design skills to solve the most pressing problems and design valuable features for our users that lead to increased product adoption and customer retention.
- Measure the success of your design decisions via experimentation with the help of data and product.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams and support the execution of our product roadmap through the design of features, workflows, and experiences.
- Foster a culture of design thinking and product quality.
We are looking for someone with..
- 3+ years of experience in digital product design, especially consumer products. This can prominently be UI but you should be interested in learning and being involved with UX.
- Experience building products for educators would be a bonus or building search engine-based platforms.
- Experience working with iterative software development teams employing agile and lean practices
- Good understanding of Figma and design principles
- Top-level communication skills in English
- A genuine curiosity, ability to learn, and an open mind to work on the best tools for educators.
What We Offer
This role can be based remotely anywhere in UK or Europe which is CET +/- 2 hours. Outside UK, we are able to offer a contract or employment via our global payroll provider remote.com
- Minimum base salary of £50,000 or location equivalent (with some flex dependant on experience)
- Annual bonus up to 10% of salary
- 30 days holiday (+ 9 public holidays)
- Choose how you work (fully-remote or hybrid in London or Warsaw)
- Private healthcare with Vitality or location equivalent
- Penfold Pension Scheme 8% total contribution (UK only)
- Enhanced parental leave (16 weeks fully-paid UK)
- Professional development budget
- Home office set-up budget
- Global off-sites in Europe or US once a year. Lisbon in 2022!
At Boclips, we’re building a product for education, which means we are building a product for all learners. Our platform and its content is viewed by thousands of students around the world every week who have different needs, abilities and backgrounds. That’s why we are committed to hiring people regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age or disability so our team can better empathise with our users.