Citrine Informatics (51-200 Employees, 1% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Build the experience that lets data scientists and materials scientists apply the power of data and AI to developing the next generation of materials and chemicals.
At Citrine, we’re ushering in the next generation of sustainable, high-performing materials and chemicals.
We are the industry leader in AI for materials and chemicals. Our platform provides data management and Artificial Intelligence (AI) tools that help our customers rapidly develop higher performing, more sustainable materials. Our users are scientists and engineers at market-leading manufacturing and materials companies and we collaborate with professors and researchers from world-renowned institutions on cutting-edge research at the intersection of AI and the physical sciences.
In 2021 and 2020, Citrine was recognized for our impact on sustainability by the Global CleanTech Group. We earned a spot on both the CB Insights AI 100 List and the Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing private companies in the US. In 2021, we also gained our third patent for materials-specific ML technology. As a team, we are ambitious with our goals, passionate about our vision, and eager to grow and learn from each other. Our team is growing fast and looking for the best to join us.
Our Platform gives product developers, researchers, and engineers access to cutting-edge, domain-specific AI, all without writing a line of code. This enables our customers to discover and deploy the next generation of sustainable, high-performing materials and chemicals up to 98% faster than traditional R&D approaches. We have employees across the country including the San Francisco Bay Area, Chicago, Pittsburgh, Boston, and Raleigh-Durham areas, and our customers include multiple Fortune 100 materials, product, and manufacturing companies.
About the Role
We are building a platform that puts the power of data and machine learning in the hands of materials science experts. This is a unique opportunity to define the UI patterns and UX mental models of material informatics while working in a team with a user and workflow-centric approach to building enterprise software.
We need a product designer excited about building an innovative Saas platform for technical users. This is the chance to develop user vocabulary and mental models for our domain from the ground up. We are user-driven with deep visibility into lead customers, and we are moving fast to define, prototype, and ship the first version of our next-generation platform. As an early design hire, you will help tackle complex challenges and build ground-up experiences. You will also be asked to get your hands dirty with customer-facing prototypes, component definition, and whatever else needs to get done to the scope and ship the first pass of an enterprise platform..
- Collaborate with the design team, engineers, product managers, subject matter experts, and our professional services teams to define novel UX and UI patterns for complex data and machine learning workflows
- Ideate, sketch, wireframe, mock, prototype — and participate in design reviews with cross-functional teams where you will clearly communicate ideas, intentions, and designs
- Collaborate with user experience engineers to polish the front-ends they build based on your designs
- Help maintain, improve, and extend our Design System in Sketch
Skills and Qualifications
- 3+ years experience in UI/UX design or similar
- Substantial understanding of modern UX principles and responsive, accessible web app design patterns for Sass products
- A portfolio that clearly showcases your ability to realize complex enterprise products from definition through delivery
- Comfortable grasp of visual design fundamentals
- Experience building and/or working with Design Systems
- Proficiency in modern design software such as Sketch or Figma
- Experience working in an agile development environment
Nice To Haves
- Experience designing data-driven tools such as Simulation, Data Management platforms, Financial Modeling, or similar
- Experience with data visualization
- Experience with animation and motion design
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, or national origin.
Our Core Values
Citrine Informatics recognizes that its most valuable asset is its people. We have created our set of Core Values to encourage, support, and invest in our team as they work to innovate and support a more sustainable world. Our Core Values reflect our ongoing commitment to continuously invest in nurturing our talent and our people-first approach to conducting business.
– We take pride in and recognize the successes and growth of ourselves and our colleagues. We support each other in our growth.
– We prototype and collect data to make good decisions. We question that data and are constantly iterating to find the best solution.
– We are all owners of Citrine and make decisions like owners. We work autonomously with personal and organizational accountability.
– We commit to building a diverse and inclusive community within Citrine and actively promote equity and belonging.
– We are tirelessly committed to creating value for our customers.
– We exist to help our customers accelerate the development of sustainable products that are critical to the future of both our planet and our industry.
Compensation and Pay Transparency
At Citrine, we want your path to career growth to be transparent, straightforward, fair, and easily accessible — starting with your application and interview process. The annual salary range listed below reflects the level we are considering for this position (please note that there may be unique situations where you may fall outside of this range). Where you fall within the range will depend on how your experience and skills align to our internal leveling system as we learn more about you throughout the interview process.
$100,000 USD – $145,000 USD
*Range(s) listed are for full-time employees based in the United States only.
**Colorado only: disclosure above meets the requirement by sb19-085(8-5-20).
Our Benefits (for exempt, full-time employees based within the United States)
401k with matching up to 4%
Medical, vision, dental insurance (we pay 100% of your premium and 75% of your dependents)
Life and Disability insurance
FSA and HSA plans
Equity options within the company
12 weeks of paid parental leave
Flexible PTO on top of our 15 paid company holidays (includes your birthday!)
Free financial counseling
$600 tech allowance
Monthly $75 phone reimbursement
$5,000 annual professional development/growth allowance