GigSalad (51-200 Employees, 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
GigSalad is the marketplace for booking entertainment and services for all types of events. Since 2007, we’ve helped millions of event planners create memorable experiences while providing work for musicians, magicians, bartenders, Elvis impersonators, and hundreds of other types of entertainers and event-related professionals.
We’re a successful company with a fun product – now we’re looking for an experienced Product Designer to help take our marketplace to the next level. We’re remote-friendly, we value work/life balance, and we offer a lot of freedom with the role.
GigSalad by the Numbers
- Available in the U.S. and Canada
- Listed in over 8,000 cities
- Over 400,000 event planners in the last 12 months
- 89,000 active entertainers and event service providers on our platform
- 4 million events serviced on GigSalad
As the Product Designer at GigSalad, you’ll work collaboratively to evolve our marketplace both near and long-term. You’ll help us turn complex processes into simpler, more enjoyable experiences. You’ll own the design from draft to launch and work with the team to evaluate success through data and user feedback. You’ll play a key role in feature design and product quality and your efforts will have a major impact on the future of thousands of performers and service providers.
- Leading the design of intuitive, human-centric web interfaces
- Discovering and solving fun problems with qualitative and quantitative insights
- Developing the patterns and design system powering GigSalad
- Collaborating closely with fellow members of the team
- Iterating and improving GigSalad over time
- 4+ years of experience
- Portfolio with examples of projects that demonstrate your design process
- Strong UX and visual design skills that showcase a human-centric approach
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- A permanent home anywhere in the U.S.
- Senior-level knowledge and skills; we’re open to a higher salary as compensation for more experience
- Experience designing for a comparable e-commerce or marketplace platform
- Experience developing and refining a brand and visual design
What We Offer You
- A salary range between $110K – $130K annually (potentially higher based on experience)
- A matching 401k
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- $1,500 annually in educational reimbursement (books, conferences, programs, etc.)
- A fitness reimbursement program
- A startup atmosphere with the stability of an established, profitable company
- A remote job structure that respects your work/life balance
A Little More About GigSalad
Founded in 2007, GigSalad is an entertainment marketplace serving all of the United States and Canada. Our company has offices in Wilmington, NC and Springfield, MO but is fully remote-friendly. GigSalad is no longer a budding startup but feels a lot like one (one exception: we’re profitable!). We take what we do seriously and have fun doing it. And we’re passionate about what we do: providing a safe, easy platform for event planners to hire talent and services for events.