KickUp (, 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
KickUp is looking for a product designer to join a team that is reimagining how school districts grow their most valuable asset: their people. Our aim is to empower educators by meaningfully engaging them in professional growth. Our platform helps educational leaders capture data about teacher growth and use it to drive better outcomes for students.
At KickUp, we believe in the power of great design — and we strive to create delightful and easy-to-use experiences that make users feel cared for. As a product designer, you’ll play an instrumental role in ensuring we meet and exceed those expectations going forward. We’re a growing team building a product used by tens of thousands of educators. Joining KickUp at this early stage means you’ll play an important role in shaping our product, team, and culture.
About the role
As a product designer at KickUp, you will:
- Build a modern platform that empowers educator growth. You’ll design features and products that help school leaders better support their teachers.
- Use a variety of design methods. You’ll design high-quality experiences using a variety of tools and methods, including low-fidelity wireframes, high-fidelity mockups, and interactive prototypes.
- Think near-term value and big picture. Your projects will include both broad, blue sky explorations and tactical projects with clearly-defined deliverables.
- Work closely with product managers, engineers, and other designers. You’ll collaborate cross-functionally on a regular basis to shape our product direction and ensure we’re shipping high quality experiences for our users.
- Elevate our design practice. You’ll be an advocate for design across the organization and help raise the bar on our design system, processes, and culture.
We believe diversity breeds innovation. We’re building a product that improves the way all teachers and all students are supported, and to do that well, we need a workforce that’s representative of the users we serve. We are actively looking to add members to our team who will bring diverse backgrounds, new perspectives, and a willingness to challenge us to improve the work we do every day. We recognize that underrepresented groups may be less likely to apply to a role if they don’t meet 100% of the listed qualifications. We are committed to growth and we encourage you to apply if you meet a majority of the qualifications and this role is aligned with your career trajectory and interests.
You might be a fit if you:
- Have 2+ years designing software products professionally.
- Take ownership over the outcomes of your work and collaborate cross-functionally to ensure that projects you contribute to are successful.
- Sweat every detail — big and small — to create high-quality user interfaces and experiences.
- Take time to understand problems from the user’s perspective and use that context to connect the dots between requirements.
- Are skilled at presenting your work, process, and decisions to various audiences and value the role of feedback in increasing the impact of your designs.
Why you should join KickUp
Our mission is to empower educator professional growth using data. Your work at KickUp will lead to system-level change in education.
Our team is humble, sharp, and user-focused with a unique blend of both mission driven and business smart qualities.
Our product is a dynamic professional learning and growth platform. It helps give educational leaders an actionable picture of their program’s effectiveness.
Our culture breeds innovation through diversity. We want to add team members who bring diverse backgrounds, new perspectives, and a willingness to challenge us to improve.
This is a remote, full-time position that can be performed anywhere within the US.
U.S. citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. Please note, this position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
The base salary range for this position is $80,000-$90,000 with growth potential.
We offer stock options in our growing company, and a variety of medical, dental and vision insurance options. We also provide opportunities for professional growth including a $600 annual individual stipend for professional learning.
We believe in the importance of recharging and offer a flexible PTO policy. Most of our employees average between 15-20 PTO days per year in addition to 11+ paid company holidays. Our team also enjoys Focus Fridays — a day without Slack or meetings, to provide flexibility and focus time.
KickUp is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, KickUp will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact us at [email protected]