RapidAPI (51-200 Employees, 132% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
RapidAPI is a team of creators building for developers. We are the world’s largest API Hub where over 4 million developers find, test, and connect to 40,000 APIs (and growing!) — all with a single account, single API key, and single SDK.
Our users range from independent developers to the largest companies in the world. We work hard to ensure it’s easy for developers to build, discover, and connect to APIs faster while providing enterprise-wide visibility and governance. As a result, entrepreneurs and enterprises can concentrate on creating value and business outcomes.
We operate at a significant scale, but the opportunity is even bigger. You have an unprecedented opportunity to make a massive difference and empower developers to build modern software through API innovation while doing the most critical work of your career.
We are seeking a Product Designer who understands developer workflows and tools, and obsesses over the quality and effectiveness of testing and debugging experiences.
The primary focus of this role will be designing effective API testing experiences that developers use to build and improve their APIs. You will understand the needs of developers and how to support them in the full lifecycle of API development, and apply that understanding to designing efficient and effective testing and debugging experiences. Join us, and drive the design that will take API development to the next level for developers!
- Design experiences for testing and debugging APIs, and support those experiences from initial problem evaluation to definition and design through development to iterating on learnings.
- Identify user needs in any of: scenarios, user journeys, personas, task flows, user stories, jobs to be done, and apply them in discussions and design decisions with stakeholders.
- Discover problems and opportunities with research and analysis, and validate solutions with interactive prototyping and usability testing.
- Define, design, review, test and specify interfaces for developer experiences using participatory and iterative design techniques.
- Work closely with Product and Engineering teams, in an agile environment, to build efficient developer experiences within technical & time constraints.
- Proficiency with a full range of design methods and techniques including user research, data analysis, journey mapping, task flows, scenarios, agile design iteration, rapid prototyping, and usability testing.
- Experience in designing engaging SaaS interfaces for developer solutions.
- Solid understanding of user-centered design methodologies and usability principles.
- Experience working in a fast-paced organization with multiple designers as a part of a cross-functional agile delivery team
- Capability to work within technical constraints, business requirements and tight deadlines.
- Solid ability to present work, explain your point of view, and incorporate feedback gracefully.
- Good communication and organization skills, and advocacy for design methodologies and processes.
When applying, please provide a resume and portfolio or document that showcases your work that is relevant to the position.
This is an opportunity to play a key role in a fast-growing and high-scale startup company distributed across the US, Europe, and Israel. You’ll be taking our product to the next level within a high talent density team and out-of-the-box thinking. Having raised $150 million in a Series D investment round in 2022; you’ll be working with a team that is scaling globally, fast.
If this sounds like you, click apply below! We’d love to hear from you.