Timescale (51-200 Employees, 262% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Timescale is looking for aProduct Designerto help plan, design, and improve our managed database service. Maintaining a 10,000-foot view of the product while working on the small details of a feature is key.
As a Product Designer at Timescale, your work will directly impact the projects of developers around the world and their time-series related data. This role closely collaborates with Product Managers, Front-end Developers, and other Product Designers to identify and build useful features and functionality across our flagship product, Timescale Cloud.
Job Responsibilities (what you’ll do):
- Team up with Product Managers and Designers to conduct user interview and share findings with the team
- Ownership of design challenges from start to finish, utilizing data from user interviews and other analytics to create improvements on the platform
- Wireframe, design mockups, and create prototypes for design solutions
- Produce clean, organized design files
- Willingness and ability to jump into multiple projects and maintain a high-quality of work
- Collaborate closely with Product Designers to develop, maintain, and elevate design systems
- Assist in driving the product vision forward, iteratively designing to constantly improve the experience
- Create specifications for smooth development handoff
- Collaborate with Front-end Web Developers to ensure visual QA
Experience and skills:
- 4+ years of design experience at a product-focused company
- Highly organized, takes pride in attention to detail
- Experience designing digital products with an emphasis on design systems
- Experience translating user feedback and usage behavior into creative solutions
- Expert-level experience with prototyping tools such as Figma, InVision, or Framer (We use Figma)
- A passion for experimentation with new design techniques and technologies
- Excellent written, verbal, and sketching communication skills
- Self-starter who can execute on ideas, manage and prioritize multiple design tasks
- A belief that organizations and industries are at their best when they are diverse and inclusive, and a commitment to ensuring that everything we do reflects that belief.
Timescale is the creator of TimescaleDB, the industry-leading relational database for time-series. Tens of thousands of organizations trust TimescaleDB today with their mission-critical time-series applications. The company is dedicated to serving software developers and businesses worldwide, enabling them to build exceptional data-driven products thatmeasure everything that matters:software applications, industrial equipment, financial markets, blockchain activity, consumer behavior, machine learning models, climate change, and more. Analyzing data across the time dimension (“time-series data”) enables developers to understand what is happening right now, how that is changing, and why that is changing. Timescale is a remote-first company with a global workforce and is backed by Tiger Global, Benchmark Capital, New Enterprise Associates, Redpoint Ventures, Icon Ventures, Two Sigma Ventures, and other leading investors. For more information, visitwww.timescale.comor [email protected]
Working at Timescale
Timescale is breaking boundaries and setting new standards in the innovating and rapidly growing time-series data industry. Built on the foundation of people-focused values and principles, Timescale makes sure integrity, mutual respect, and compassion is at the heart of everything we do. Empowered by our Co-Founders, Ajay Kulkarni (CEO) and Mike Freedman (CTO), we are challenging the norm by working with people who continuously inspire and teach us .
Enjoy debating the crunch-factor of different chicken nuggets , sweating it out during lunch , talking about your kids, whether they be actual children , potted plants U0001fab4, or four-legged creatures ? You’ll fit right in at Timescale!
What we’re offering
Benefits may differ from country to country.
- Premium insurance options for you and your family
- FSA/Dependent FSA plans for US based employees
- Flexible PTO and family leave
- Summer Fridays off in August ☀️
- Full remote work fromanywhere
- Stock options
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Individual education benefits