Plex (51-200 Employees, 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
As a Product Manager for content and partnerships at Plex, you will be a key member of the team that owns content and content experiences at Plex! Enjoying content is at the heart of everything we do, whether it’s from our ad supported streaming library, your personal library, live TV, or the metadata underlying it all.
You will be joining the content product management team with your main area of focus on managing our relationships and content product experiences with our distribution partners such as search providers and TV manufacturers. In this role, you will be the key point of contact at Plex for these partners and you will be primarily responsible for managing, prioritizing and executing on the backlog of work within this area.
You will be a part of a team that is responsible for Plex’s portfolio of content-related products and services including user facing experiences and backend services such as content operations, metadata and CMS and the right candidate will have the opportunity to help out in those areas based on business needs, personal interest and development goals.
What you’ll do
- Be the key point of contact at Plex for all of our distribution partners, meet regularly with partners to gain insight into their upcoming product offerings and be responsible for maintaining good relationship
- Evaluate present and future product offerings from partners and evaluate their potential benefit to Plex and our users
- Collaborate with designers, engineers, researchers and data scientists to identify problems, opportunities and solutions that will support our users, goals and KPIs
- Ensure that consumer product experiences you ship are of consistently high quality
- Own and prioritize the backlog and roadmap for product initiatives within your scope
- Partner with your Plex colleagues in business development and marketing to ensure our efforts are meeting their needs
- Be an active member of the content product team and the Plex product management organization.
- Develop the necessary product briefs and requirements documentation to ensure other teams know what they need to do to deliver
- You will actively manage products from business case approval through general release and beyond.
- You will tirelessly fight for the needs of our users and constantly strive to delight them.
What you bring to the table
- 3-5 Years of product management experience, preferably in media, entertainment or consumer hardware industries
- 1-3 years of project management experience
- Proven ability to manage work from inception to launch
- Solid technical skills and understanding with an ability to synthesize and communicate technical information to different groups at Plex
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent ability to self organize and ensure work is tracking to completion
- You’re kind, helpful, smart, get stuff done, have great energy, and thrive in a startup environment.
- You are intrinsically motivated, able to manage your time, and enjoy working with a distributed team across the globe
- You believe in asking for help and helping others when they ask, never throwing a problem over the wall.
- You thrive in a fast paced environment, with an ability to be nimble and shift priorities as called for in a dynamic space.
- You are hungry to have an impact, continuously working to improve our product, process and push the team to be it’s best.
- You will be energetic and results-oriented.
Who we are
Plex is a global streaming media platform that gives millions of customers around the world the freedom to enjoy all the content they love in one simple, beautiful app. Our vision is to empower real human connections by bringing people and entertainment together. So, we’re on a mission to create a global community for streaming content that people can depend on to easily discover, experience, and share all of the entertainment that matters to them.
What sets us apart
- We are the largest independent streaming platform built by a global team of employees who are fanatically passionate about delivering the highest quality, most unified, and user-friendliest entertainment experience possible.
- We have always been a distributed organization, with people making great things happen in nearly 20 different countries and 11 time zones.
- We host epic in-person off-sites to bring team members together a few times a year.
- We are passionate about our mission and we work hard, while still providing flexibility around a schedule that works for you.
- We love what we’re building and our user community is an integral part of our development process. We actively engage with customers to understand what is working, what they want more of, and how we can be better.
- We are committed to improving the communities where we live and work with charitable contributions, partnerships, and service.
- Plex hires new team members in countries around the world.
- As such, Plex does not sponsor employment visas.
- All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our hiring team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.
- Also, please note, though we largely work asynchronously, as it relates to meetings, those generally occur between UTC 1600 to UTC 1900
The Plex Values
- Be kind, humble, and helpful.
- Approach problems with curiosity, creativity, and flexibility.
- Put yourself on the customer’s couch.
- Be a good steward. Like a boss!
- Build relationships to ensure healthy debate.
- Foster a global and diverse team spirit.
- Show gratitude and give back.
- Seek balance for yourself and Plex.
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Flexible paid time off
- Paid parental leave
- Hardware stipend
- Flextime, work from anywhere
- Comprehensive health insurance (medical/dental/vision) (US employees)
- Stock options
- 401k (US employees)
- Plex for the Planet community service opportunities
Covid-19 Vaccination Policy
- At Plex, we get our people together at least twice a year to help forge connections and build deeper relationships all while having an awesome time. As such, Plex has a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy, subject to legally required disability or religious accommodations, for all in person events. Please note, these events are optional.
Does this sound interesting? We’re looking for a Product Manager – Content and Partnerships who is ready to join us to have a material impact in Plex’s growth and success!
Plex is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.